<Solved> How can I make Wiznav module move to another hook?

I know how to transplant it in the BO. But I encounter a problem when I transplant it to any other hook but the wiznav hook.

When moving to another hook, it moves there, but does not show itself there. Even if it shows in the BO that its 'hooked' in another place and I go a head and remove it from the wiznav hook - it does not show in the store...

I hope it makes sense, please help me fix this one.

thanks.

The wiznav module was only designed to be placed in the "wiznav", which is why it doesn't display in any other hook. I don't understand why you'd want to place it in another hook. Where did you want to hook it? You'd need to modify the module to add the capability for it to be added to that hook.

did you try to change the position of the module you want to put below the wiznav module?

Also, go to your header.tpl file and edit it in the order you want the hook to appear.
On what I am working right now I have the logo area, then a flash area, then the search+currency+lang area. The hooks order in the header.tpl file are: {$HOOK_HEADER} then {$HOOK_WIZNAV} then {$HOOK_TOP} then {$HOOK_LEFT_COLUMN}.

Hope it helps.

I see what you mean. It won't work when changing the tpl file.
Go to the modules/wiznav/css an modify wiznav.css. I Changed

#nav {padding:0 0 6px 0; margin:0; list-style:none; height:78px;z-index:500; font-family:arial, verdana, sans-serif; width: 966px; float:left; width: 980px; background: url(../img/header/header_menu.png) no-repeat}

Into this

#nav {
   margin:0;
   list-style:none;
   height:78px;
   z-index:500;
   font-family:arial, verdana, sans-serif;
   width: 966px;
   float:left;
   width: 980px;
   background: url(../img/header/header_menu.png) no-repeat;
   padding-bottom: 20px;
   border-bottom-style: dashed;

I simply added:

border-bottom-style: dashed;

in the #nav compound. It added a space of 20 pixels bellow the wiznav menu and then a dotted line to separate it below it.

btw, it won't allow you go any lower the defined size of the box. its hight is defined as 78px. changing it will also change the height of the box in overall. just if you want to add anything else there.
Hope it helps.

Hi, I tried your way but no luck, it shows the line above my header :S

all i need is this added :

how do i add this on this code:

#nav {padding:0 0 6px 0; margin:0; list-style:none; height:22px; background:#FFFFFF url(../img/blankbg.gif) repeat-x; z-index:500; font-family:arial, verdana, sans-serif; width: 980px; float: left }

#nav {
   padding:0 0 6px 0; 
   margin:0; 
   list-style:none; 
   height:22px; 
   background:#FFFFFF url(../img/blankbg.gif) repeat-x; 
   z-index:500; 
   font-family:arial, verdana, sans-serif; 
   width: 980px; 
   float: left;                 /* <--  added ';' at the end of this line*/
   padding-bottom: 20px;         /* <--  added the extra space here*/
}

• 1 month later...

Go to the CSS folder and open wiznav.css file; there you will need to change the css; otherwise, if it si not there you will need to change the global.css in the template folder\css;
Hint and a recommendation: get firefox\mozilla, get the firebug addon for firefox. Use the firebug addon (play with it to get used to it) and when you have firebug 'on' and hover the mouse over certain elements it will show you what css code is working for that specific part. It is really useful to find out what code you need to chane in order to change the feel and look of you shop. Also, you can change the css code and see hw it effectsw you site, so you do not have to reload it everytime. pretty cool tool...

firefox\mozilla: http://www.mozilla.com
Firebug: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843/
intruduction video:

<-- good to see and understand how it works

Sorry man got so much going on. But damn you are the greatest :P

the reason why i asked for the code because my css for some reason had

color: #ccc

and the rest was cut off? so just checked and i dont know why it shows half of the stuff lol weird.

thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_colors
skip to to the hex triplet - read it, and then skip to web-safe colors::: it will explain this three and six hex number difference.

but yea, get firefox, and firebug. it is easy to use - but it will tell you everything you need about any part pf the site with its code, and css. i recomend it to you. it will cut you hours of searching and researching about this ind of questions.

if any problems let me know.