Newbie question on Multistore and Warehouses

Cogit

I have a store that manufactures its own good. These goods are shipped to different stores of the same franchise.

But the price of the goods would obviously be cheaper at the manufacturing store, than the store(s) they were shipped to.

I have a store, with multiple branches/stores, but all in the same company. The pricing is different depending on the store it is bought from. Ideally, i'd want to keep the url of the shop the same, and allow the customer to select the closest store / or preferably the website find the closest store based on the clients position although not necessary. The store also caters for COC (cash on collection). How can I achieve this?

So I'd need two (or more) prices for each product, depending where it is bought from. I somehow understand I need the multistore function here, but how do I add the price depending on the store, and also how does warehouses come into the picture? I'm struggling to understand when and where to use a multistore and warehouse? Can someone clarify on this and perhaps guide me on this approach.

Thank you :-)

Edited by Cogit (see edit history)