(SOLVED) Installing Prestashop on GoDaddy - Need help with creating a database on Go Daddy

Log in to your cPanel, then click the "MySQL" icon under "Databases", then create a new database called something like "yoursite_db", then create a user called something like "yoursite_usr", then add that user to the database, then enter those details on the third step of the PrestaShop installation.

Thanks for your help! Still got a few questions..

What do I put in as the "Database server name" ? Attached is a screen shot of the Go Daddy database page. What info do I need to fill in the database config in presta shop? Whats the difference between database name & login?

25465_Tdu3UMwN4uQfgjBkQOsV_t

Thanks for your help! Still got a few questions..

What do I put in as the "Database server name" ? Attached is a screen shot of the Go Daddy database page. What info do I need to fill in the database config in presta shop? Whats the difference between database name & login?

Database server name = any_name_you_want

The database config is in the next screen after you create the DB.

Hi, thanks for your response.

Im still having a bit of trouble. I created my database in Go Daddy and and when I put in my database name and user name I get the same message:

Database server was not found. Please verify the login, password, and database server name fields.

Am I doing something wrong?

Is there someone out there that has created a site with Go Daddy?

• 10 months later...