Modul wanted: block products visibility by Geo location

PassionX

Hi

I am looking for a Module (1.6.1.6) to block products visibility by geo location. This module could be used often in the future where automated Fulfillment is growing. 

This is our reason why we need it:

We sell products on Amazon by FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) on different Amazon Marketplaces around the World. To be able to sell the same products over our Prestashop and let them be Fulfilled my Amazon (Multichannel Fulfillment), we need to configure each product once per marketplace with their SKU as Reference because Amazon need different SKU for each Marketplace (UK, USA etc). The only way to let customers worldwide buy the products online in the same Prestashop, is to display only the one Product with the SKU (Reference number) of the local Amazon Marketplace.

The module has to work reliable and should list from the first visibility of the site the correct products, if possible without a Popup for choosing the delivery country, but perhaps it is more reliable when we do that.

Can anyone offer that?

regards

Simon

I think you should come up with better settings.

From my perspective it doesn't make much sense to have the *same* product stored multiple times in prestashop, one for each selling channel. It sounds like a nightmare to keep them in sync. Also, filtering products would be really tricky - geolocation is not 100% correct (people can use proxies, for example), or they simply want the goods to be shipped to different country. This situation would be hard to deal with during checkout process. Popup to choose delivery country upfront would help a little, but it would also annoy the hell out of your customers. 

I would suggest you use following settings:

1. In prestashop you have every product only once = single source of truth
  2. product can have assigned multiple FBA profiles, with settings like FBA reference number, language to use, currency to use, impact on price,...
  3. when you sync/export your product list to given marketplace, you export only those products with associated profiles. You will transform the product data slightly during export (update SKU, generate correct price, select language for description,...)
  4. after you receive an order, you know the shipping address ==> you can select the coresponding FBA profile and generate correct fulfillemnt order (again, you transofrm product data on order)

This is of course quite a bit of work. You would probably need an developer to implement this. But maybe there already exists some module that do just this. 

Just my 2 cents

Thank You for your post. I will give some answers relating to your suggested settings:

1.we work with the Amazon Marketplace Module and it is not possible to connect the module to two different Marketplaces and sell the same product in it with the same SKU. The two Marketplaces have already the same product with different SKU. There is a ASIN number what is the same, but the SKU have to be different because the Stocks are different ones in US and UK. It is not possible to asign two Amazon products with the same SKU to one product on Prestashop.

2. Yes i can, check step 4...

3. I did not knew that, but this needs regularly some manual work or a module what is not existing yet. However it will lead to step 4 too, and we like to have everything automated.

4. We like to have the shop running automated, your suggestion needs manual forwarding to the right FBA partner.

I think the easiest solution is to have two shop systems, one for each marketplace. I can setup very easy a country block for the whole shop, and as well shipping parameters for the country i like to deliver. I thought we can do that from one shop, but it seems that it is not possible without a lot of work and scripting or/and modules.

I never worked with Multishop, but i will try if it works on the same backend.

Hi, please see this module, there maybe more

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/international-localization/11936-geo-hide-products.html

If module requires native Geo Location to be enabled non resolved IP's will be 'blocked' from shipping.  Most people are not aware of that and can mistakenly block valid visitors whose IP does not resolve. 

I like localization area so please share what you find out here.

Hi

Thank You, i have seen that module. The developer is not answering to questions and it is not updated regularly.

I will work with two webshops now, it makes it much easier to have a reliable separating between Europe and US.

The Geo localisation have the risk that it is not working with Proxys and that people have different Delivery adresses.

Hi

Thank You, i have seen that module. The developer is not answering to questions and it is not updated regularly.

I will work with two webshops now, it makes it much easier to have a reliable separating between Europe and US.

The Geo localisation have the risk that it is not working with Proxys and that people have different Delivery adresses.

yes, much easier having two but of course 2xadmin and breaks golden rule of not duplicating data :).  for me it makes more sense somehow to show/hide products based on available carrier for that country.  Also there are other tricks like display but without price, display price only for authorized group....etc....I love ps 'by country' catalog and hope someday core supports cat/prod by country....the geolitecity.dat file is about 85% accurate, i.e. finds IP (they say), we have upgrade our gtp module to use maxmind paid solutions with is touted at 99.8% accurate...but that may be US centric.  As for proxy, 99.9% of vistitors never think what if i use proxy server so not issue but there are ways to check for proxy.  Happy selling...

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)