Random image on FB in homepage link

Karolina.herbarium

Hi

When I'm posting my homepage link on Facebook it shows it with random image (usually its one of the products image). Is there any chance to change it so I can choose what image I would like to show with my homepage link on FB?

Thanks for help!

BTW.

I'm using apfarm template and have 1 year support but they say they can't change it

Hi

When I'm posting my homepage link on Facebook it shows it with random image (usually its one of the products image). Is there any chance to change it so I can choose what image I would like to show with my homepage link on FB?

Thanks for help!

BTW.

I'm using apfarm template and have 1 year support but they say they can't change it

I think that you need this: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/303359-free-module-facebook-open-graph-tags/

You can also hardcode the OP-code in your themes "header.tpl". Add the "meta property" Right under the {$HOOK_HEADER} If you want to change the picture you just replace it with a FTP-program or through your hosts control panel. It will only show one image though. Not sure about what you need, but in many cases this will work out ok.

<meta property="og:title" content="title_goes_here">
<meta property="og:description" content="description_goes_here">
<meta property="og:image" content="full_path_to_your_image_here">
<meta property="og:url" content="your_webpage_here">
<meta property="og:type" content="website">
<meta property="fb:app_id" content="facebook_address_here" />

Also remember to turn on force compile and no caching in your BO under "Performance" when you have made modifications to your theme files

• 1 month later...
Doesn't change anything as far as I can tell. Frankly I am a little surprised that Prestashop doesn't do this out of the box. I shouldn't have to be monkeying with this or buying a module. It should just work in native code.

{$HOOK_HEADER}

<meta property="og:title" content="The Creambelt Seed Company - Untreated and Organic Heirloom Garden Seeds" />

<meta property="og:description" content="Buy Untreated and Certified Organic Garden Seeds to Grow Heirloom and Open-Pollinated Vegetables, Flowers, and Herbs" />

<meta property="og:url" content="http://creambelt.com" />

<meta property="og:type" content="website" />

<meta property="og:image" content="{$img_ps_dir}Squash-logo-facebook.jpg" />