PNG Problem

Hi everybody. I'm not able to upload product images in png format. PS tell me that this is not a permitted format and suggest me to use gif, jpg or png. Tried to resave the image in png with no luck. Saved in jpg it works.

Maybe this is a bug?

I'm using version 1.3.1 italian

Hi everybody. I'm not able to upload product images in png format. PS tell me that this is not a permitted format and suggest me to use gif, jpg or png. Tried to resave the image in png with no luck. Saved in jpg it works.

Maybe this is a bug?

This is strange!

I'm using PS 1.3.1 and I am able to upload products images with .png format.

My hoster recompiled PHP with all the extension needed to support png but the error is still there. Please note that I'm able to import png format on the same server where i've installed coppermine and also vbulletin so I don't think that it's a server or configuration problem...

My hoster recompiled PHP with all the extension needed to support png but the error is still there. Please note that I'm able to import png format on the same server where i've installed coppermine and also vbulletin so I don't think that it's a server or configuration problem...

what I would suggest here is to re-upload the images.inc.php file to the PS root.

Attached is the original images.inc.php file for PS version 1.3.1.1

Please upload it with binary transfer type using your favorite FTP client.

If that didn't solve the problem you might need to re-upload the Image.php & ImageType.php files to PSROOT/classes.

All are attached with this post.

give it a try... HTHs!

G'Luck

NOTE: Please take a backup of your files before replacing.

sinemacula.zip

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue, when trying to upload a transparent png logo, I tried various other fixes mentioned on this forum ,including the one mentioned above by sinemacula,but none of them seem to work which is pretty disappointing for a prestashop beginner like me.

I have also come across prestashop websites where I have seen webmasters using transparent png images for example http://themes.dapurpixel.com/rumahbatik/ but I wonder if anyone here who have been able to accomplish this feat care to share how they achieved this.

• 3 weeks later...
What version of PrestaShop are you using? I'm using v1.3.1 and I don't have that option. Did you overwrite your AdminImages.php file with a custom one from the forums?

Hi rocky, I am in PS 1.3.1.1, here is the missing screen shot.

29009_gAPvVcuqIr2c0HkPhXk3_t

Maybe this is a bug?

Hi again,

I have exactly the same problem!!!
I try to upload a png picture for my category image and get the same error message!
With the image option I gave in my previous post, I can upload a gif or jpg image and get it automatically converted to png on the server. But this is a non sense as I loose transparency, and png is what we want for transparency.

I am struggling to find the way to get a real transparent png, animated gif or flash image for my categories images!

Maybe this is a bug?

I could not fix it. I have the same problem with a PS 1.2.5 and 1.3.1 on the same server.