Cart refresh problem

Hi, I have installed PrestaShop 1.3 on a hosting, all configuration of the server was OK.
The site works fine, but when I add products to cart, a square does not move to the cart, as normally and nothing changes on it before I reload the page.
Please Help me...
Thank you in advance

It isn't just cart, product page doesn't display correctly.
Try to temporally to turn on debug mode from config/config.inc.php and if there are any errors, post them.
Also check if the default prestashop theme is working.

thank you, I've installed the default theme, and I've modified the code in config/config.inc.php

/* Debug only */
@ini_set('display_errors', 'off');
define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', false);

to:

/* Debug only */
@ini_set('display_errors', 'off');
define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', true);

but still nothing.
Maybe reinstalling will fix it?
I remember, that one time while adding the product t othe cart, Site has shown me an error... But one time only..
and I don't remember exactly what this was :(

following error message when viewing the full article:

Fatal error: Smarty error: [in /home/vol8/byethost32.com/b32_5683172/htdocs/themes/prestashop/product.tpl line 32]: [plugin] function smarty_modifier_date_format() not found in /home/vol8/byethost32.com/b32_5683172/htdocs/tools/smarty/plugins/modifier.date_format.php (core.load_plugins.php, line 73) in /home/vol8/byethost32.com/b32_5683172/htdocs/tools/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1095
[/code]
and while viewing the category:

Fatal error: Smarty error: [in /home/vol8/byethost32.com/b32_5683172/htdocs/themes/prestashop/./product-list.tpl line 14]: [plugin] function smarty_modifier_date_format() not found in /home/vol8/byethost32.com/b32_5683172/htdocs/tools/smarty/plugins/modifier.date_format.php (core.load_plugins.php, line 73) in /home/vol8/byethost32.com/b32_5683172/htdocs/tools/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

I don't know if this is the cause but I can't modifying any gd library settings in PHP, because that is the non-paying server, but until installation no errors detected, all of the settings was corectly configured.

WoW, Thank you very very much.
the file was 0 byte, but no ideas why.
Now this work OK.
but the Cart need still refreshing of the page.

there is the popup error what shows while adding to cart, but not always.

TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to add the product.

Details:
Error thrown: [object XMLHttpRequest]
Text status: error