How does Prestashop compute the Sales (excl. VAT) figure

Nikos355

Hi,

I am working on my annual sales (excluding taxes) reporting and I have a 3k€ discrepancy between the figure that is displayed on the Prestashop Dashboard and the extract of the orders I do for my internal sales reporting.

My extract pulls the following order status : All status, except "cancelled".

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks !

Edited by Nikos355 (see edit history)

Depends on configuration on your store, the tax is calculated based your tax rules.

The rules usually based on customer address, so the tax rate might be different for different products and orders.

You should be able to get the tax amount from each order directly?

Hi Shokinro,

Thank you for your reply.

I could be wrong but I don't think the issue is tax related as all my products have the same tax rate, and both figures (the one on the dashboard and the one I extract) are in EURO excluding taxes.

But maybe I missed something...

Actually, I don't know which one is correct or incorrect.

I am comparing 2 numbers:

1) The number displayed on the Prestashop dashboard landing page... right above the revenue chart... when I select 2 dates (Jan 1st and Dec 31st 2016)...

--> It says that my Revenue (excluding all taxes) is 250 000 EURO

2) I do a CSV extract of all the orders (except the cancelled ones).

When I do the sum of the revenue (excluding all taxes) of all orders - I get 247 000 EURO

I hope this is more clear.

It is really difficult to say for statslticis data, because it is from very large number of data records based on different criteria.

if the tax calculation is correct, then it must be the search criteria that gets the summary data. Some records is missing, or included but should not be.

Suggest you use the data export from order table, so that you have all records, if you have doubt, at least you have detailed data list that you can verify the records.