[1.6.1.10] Can't Add / Edit Product, disabled save button

Hi,

i have the same problem (if by "disabled" you reffer to endless spinning).

Prestashop 1.6.1.4

PHP 5.4.28

Chrome Version 55.0.2883.87 m (64-bit)

Firefox 50.1.0

Opera 42.0.2393.94

1. I've tried enabling and disabling BO>Advanced Parameters>Performance features as some of the users indicated. They haven't worked. I've restored the functions.

2. modified the .tpl files from admin > themes > default > template > controllers > products by removing disabled="disabled" and replacing "process-icon-loading" with "process-icon-save". Cleared cache from BO, cleared browsing history, same result. I've restored the files

3. Downloaded Chrome 53 version.. it was the last browser version compatible (as someone said). Didn't worked.

4. removed this lines:

submitHandler: function(form) {
form.submit();
},
from admin/themes/default/template/controllers/products/helpers/form/form.tpl
Didn't worked. I've restored the file.

5. Upgraded to prestashop version 1.6.1.10. same result

6. I've read that someone fixed it by changing php version. made the same changes, didn't worked.

I've found tons of different forum pages about this problem but no solution. I think it should be a sticky thread on this forum and all the posts regarding this issue should be moved there.

Problem: Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience

(which came after browsers updates)

Solution: ?

Edited by theknic (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Hi!

all my problems have gone after more resources were alocated to my websites.

I had 512MB RAM, now i have 1.5GB/website and it works flawlessly.

I've made the same test on 3 websites, different php versions, different prestashop versions, all of them "responded positive" :).

I was unable to identify the exact time (when i had 512MB) that the issue started. All three websites had different number and type of products, some of them had tags, some of them had larger descriptions, depending of the shop domain etc.

Bottom line is that all of them stopped loading the spinning save button after RAM upgrade.

Enjoy!

Edited by theknic (see edit history)