Calling html script after downloadable product purchase

Nachoshaw

Hi

I have set up a shop for downloadable products. What i need to do is, once the purchase has been made is to call a html script that holds certain information. The information is related to the generation of a licence which the script does. For example:

http://mysite.com/mysecurity/generatekey.asp?firstname=Nacho&lastname=Shaw&ordernumber=OrderNumber&productid=00234&keysamount=1&rnd9digitno

firstname, lastname, ordernumber, productid would be information from the purchaser & product

keysamount would be the amount of items purchased

rnd9digitno would be a random 9 digit number

First of all, is this possible? If it is, how can I go about doing this?

I'm 'ok' with php and coding in general.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Nacho

Edited by Nachoshaw (see edit history)

I think this should be possible to do.

You may need to override PaymentModule.php class or your payment module to check the payment status.

After calling validateOrder(), then do what ever coding you need an then redirect user to a different page or pass the download link at order confirmation page.

We have Agile prepaid token/credit module that does similar things with One Click Checkout. When user click "Add to cart", we check if user as enough credit/token or not, if it does, then it will generate order directly and present the user the download link right away.