PayPal IPN - where do I enter this info in the module?

Hi all

Sorry if this is a really daft question but...

The site has been using PayPal for 6 years without issue, then on Monday PayPal broke something which resulted in an error page coming up instead of redirecting to PayPal. They have now fixed it, but there are no completed orders in the BO despite payments being received in PayPal.

So, having PayPal support tell me that I need to add IPN to PayPal account I reviewed the PS/post-120536-0-06880700-1483620362_thumb.jpgPayPal set up guide and checked the PS forum to see what you guys have said.

It would appear that I need to add an IPN notification to the PayPal module - but I have no idea where or what to put!

I have attached a screenshot of the PayPal module but I can't see where to add this info.

Please help!

Thanks

Fergus

PS v1.5.6.1

PayPal European v 3.11.1

Thanks Bellini

In my final line I said. "It would appear that I need to add an IPN notification to the PayPal module - but I have no idea where or what to put!

I have attached a screenshot of the PayPal module but I can't see where to add this info."

Maybe I was not clear enough - how or where does the PS PayPal module take care of this as it's not working?

I also got the following back from PayPal Support

"I run a test and I see you are using an old integration since it's posting to an old endpoint:

Request URL:

instead of
https://securepayments.sandbox.paypal.com/webapps/HostedSoleSolu tionApp/webflow/sparta/hostedSoleSolutionProcess

This can be easily resolved by updating your cart module.

Regarding the values sent by your cart, this is the only one I see that needs to be changed:
lc = EN

The correct value should be lc = GB

We have modify our code recently in order to prevent merchants passing incorrect values to get errors instead of the payment page, for this reason this change is now recommended but currently not mandatory.

Regarding the notification, please check the full explanation about the IPN issue reported in the previous ticket."

Do you have any idea how to update the "lc = EN. The correct value should be lc = GB"

Thanks

Fergus

Thanks for the second reply.
All I can see is that somehow the correct information is not being passed from the module to PayPal website as the shopping cart is not being converted to an order when PayPal payment is made.

I will look for someone to help me fix it.

Ferg

if paypal is taking their payment, then the module is sending the information correctly.  it does not matter at this time that the module is using an older integration, or sending EN vs GB.  If that mattered, then the paypal payment page would not be working.

Your issue is that the IPN is ...

1) Not reaching your store

2) It is reaching your store, but your module/store is failing to process it.

The first thing you need to do is determine which one is occurring.  You can do that by looking at your web servers access log, and determine if the IPN is being received.

Once you determine that, come back and let us know if it was received or not.