Hide Quantities

stanjones0net

Hi

I managed to do this by commenting out sections of code. Locate your "product.tpl" file in your themes folder. You can edit out (i.e. "ignore" sections of code by wrapping it as such: {* UNWANTED CODE *}. Comment out the below lines in your product.tpl file:

<p id="quantity_wanted_p"{if (!$allow_oosp && $product->quantity <= 0) || !$product->available_for_order || $PS_CATALOG_MODE} style="display: none;"{/if}>
                            {*<label for="quantity_wanted">{l s='Quantity'}</label>*}
                            <input type="hidden" min="1" name="qty" id="quantity_wanted" class="text" value="{if isset($quantityBackup)}{$quantityBackup|intval}{else}{if $product->minimal_quantity > 1}{$product->minimal_quantity}{else}1{/if}{/if}" />
                            {*<a href="#" data-field-qty="qty" class="btn btn-default button-minus product_quantity_down">
                                <span><i class="icon-minus"></i></span>
                            </a>
                            <a href="#" data-field-qty="qty" class="btn btn-default button-plus product_quantity_up">
                                <span><i class="icon-plus"></i></span>
                            </a>
                            <span class="clearfix"></span>*}
                        </p>

Edited by Ricky Blunda (see edit history)

@Vekia: oh, now I recognize you :)

In any case, for those interested to remove quantity fields on the checkout page: you will want to remove both title and the quantity boxes (+/-/value box), else the coloumns will not align correctly.

To remove the +/-/value box, comment out this section of code from the file "shopping-cart-product-line.tpl", like so:

------------------------------------------------

{*<td class="cart_quantity text-center" data-title="{l s='Quantity'}">
        {if (isset($cannotModify) && $cannotModify == 1)}
            <span>
                {if $quantityDisplayed == 0 AND isset($customizedDatas.$productId.$productAttributeId)}
                    {$product.customizationQuantityTotal}
                {else}
                    {$product.cart_quantity-$quantityDisplayed}
                {/if}
            </span>
        {else}
            {if isset($customizedDatas.$productId.$productAttributeId) AND $quantityDisplayed == 0}
                <span id="cart_quantity_custom_{$product.id_product}_{$product.id_product_attribute}_{$product.id_address_delivery|intval}" >{$product.customizationQuantityTotal}</span>
            {/if}
            {if !isset($customizedDatas.$productId.$productAttributeId) OR $quantityDisplayed > 0}

<input type="hidden" value="{if $quantityDisplayed == 0 AND isset($customizedDatas.$productId.$productAttributeId)}{$customizedDatas.$productId.$productAttributeId|@count}{else}{$product.cart_quantity-$quantityDisplayed}{/if}" name="quantity_{$product.id_product}_{$product.id_product_attribute}_{if $quantityDisplayed > 0}nocustom{else}0{/if}_{$product.id_address_delivery|intval}_hidden" />
                <input size="2" type="text" autocomplete="off" class="cart_quantity_input form-control grey" value="{if $quantityDisplayed == 0 AND isset($customizedDatas.$productId.$productAttributeId)}{$customizedDatas.$productId.$productAttributeId|@count}{else}{$product.cart_quantity-$quantityDisplayed}{/if}"  name="quantity_{$product.id_product}_{$product.id_product_attribute}_{if $quantityDisplayed > 0}nocustom{else}0{/if}_{$product.id_address_delivery|intval}" />
                <div class="cart_quantity_button clearfix">
                {if $product.minimal_quantity < ($product.cart_quantity-$quantityDisplayed) OR $product.minimal_quantity <= 1}
                    <a rel="nofollow" class="cart_quantity_down btn btn-default button-minus" id="cart_quantity_down_{$product.id_product}_{$product.id_product_attribute}_{if $quantityDisplayed > 0}nocustom{else}0{/if}_{$product.id_address_delivery|intval}" href="{$link->getPageLink('cart', true, NULL, "add=1&id_product={$product.id_product|intval}&ipa={$product.id_product_attribute|intval}&id_address_delivery={$product.id_address_delivery|intval}&op=down&token={$token_cart}")|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" title="{l s='Subtract'}">
                </a>
                {else}
                    <a class="cart_quantity_down btn btn-default button-minus disabled" href="#" id="cart_quantity_down_{$product.id_product}_{$product.id_product_attribute}_{if $quantityDisplayed > 0}nocustom{else}0{/if}_{$product.id_address_delivery|intval}" title="{l s='You must purchase a minimum of %d of this product.' sprintf=$product.minimal_quantity}">
                </a>
                {/if}
                    <a rel="nofollow" class="cart_quantity_up btn btn-default button-plus" id="cart_quantity_up_{$product.id_product}_{$product.id_product_attribute}_{if $quantityDisplayed > 0}nocustom{else}0{/if}_{$product.id_address_delivery|intval}" href="{$link->getPageLink('cart', true, NULL, "add=1&id_product={$product.id_product|intval}&ipa={$product.id_product_attribute|intval}&id_address_delivery={$product.id_address_delivery|intval}&token={$token_cart}")|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" title="{l s='Add'}"><span><i class="icon-plus"></i></span></a>
                </div>
            {/if}
        {/if}
    </td>*}

And to remove the column title, comment out this section of code from the file "shopping-cart.tpl", like so:

{*<th class="cart_quantity item text-center">{l s='Qty'}</th>*}

That should do the trick!

Edited by Ricky Blunda (see edit history)