Problems installing v. 1.7

Hey

Now i have tryed to install PrestaShop in different ways, but without any luck.

I have tryed uploading Index.php and prestashop.zip to a directory on my server and go to that directory through a browser. Then it starts unzipping but i stopped it after like 14 hours when i found out that nothing have been done.

Then i tryed to extract it all on my local Windows 10 computer an duploaded it all to my webshop directory and thought i could kickstart the install that way, but no matter what, i only get a white/blank page and nothing else is happening, and thats also happening when a friend of mine is trying it.

Is it because the SQL database is missing ? Because i dont know how i should create it in phpmyadmin with names, fields and so on.

Prestashop says it takes about 5 minutes to install, just not here with me.

The dedicated server is running with Ubuntu server version 15,10 on Xeon CPU

Can anyone please help me out ? So i can start my company.

Thanks

Michael

When you download Prestashop you get index.php and prestashop.zip files plus you should see another file that 

redirects to guide http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Installing+PrestaShop . Read that if you haven't already.

I have tryed uploading Index.php and prestashop.zip to a directory on my server and go to that directory through a browser. Then it starts unzipping but i stopped it after like 14 hours when i found out that nothing have been done.

"go to that directory through a browser" is that File manageg in cPanel/Plesk ? Unpacking should be quick on server. Uploading file by file in Fillezilla is much slower because 

of amount of files but still can be done in 1-2 hours max.

For database you just need to create it with phpMyadmin, it will get populated on install

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Installing+PrestaShop#InstallingPrestaShop-Creatingadatabaseforyourshop

On windows you could try also for testing

https://bitnami.com/stack/prestashop

Hey

I did try to do it through the browser on the server i was online at through remote desktop, and i went to the directory through firefox and it startet to unpack and it was running when i sleep and when i got back after like 15 hours it still was running but nothing had happened.

I tryed to make the MySQL database, and went to PHPMyAdmin to create it, but how ? No fields or ? Im a bit confused.

And shouldt the install program make the database by itself ?

Edited by Gaio2016 (see edit history)

For database, from docs I linked 

Either way, you can create a brand new database by going in the "Database" tab and using the central form named "Create new database". Simply enter a unique name, and click "Create". The name of the database will be added to the list on the left. You can now use it to store PrestaShop's data.

So just create new database, no fields/tables. Installer will insert all fields and tables but you just need to create database.

And I will ask again "go to that directory through a browser" is that File manageg in cPanel/Plesk ?

Can you make screenshot of that ? 

Maybe you do not have enough permissions ?