Upgraded to 1.6.1.10 But now new customer orders will not validate.

Since i updated i noticed some customers will check out and pay at paypal and the order does not get created.

This issue has happened everyday but some orders do go through.

Tonight i figured out that the ones that did not go through are new customers. Because those new customers ordered a few days later and those orders got created.

It's been a rough 15 days as i have been pulling my hair out trying to solve this.

Another thing i changed recently was to re use shopping carts each login. And i am thinking it's this option turned on that may be the cause or it's a bug in the new update i recently did.

I will be updating this post as i get more results. I am turning off the re use shopping carts and will wait for the next new customer and see if that fixes this issue.

Edited by Customer Service (see edit history)

Solved:

I turned off the feature to re use the last shopping cart each time they log into the site and now new customer orders validate are created as they did before i turned this feature on.

I would prefer to have this feature on but since it has a huge bug i will keep it off. 

Any solutions?

are you referring to the 'Re-display cart at login' option in the Preferences > Customer page?

If so, I'm not sure why that would have any effect on order creation for paypal.  What paypal module and version are you using?

Yes Re-display cart at login. Which is nice because there are way less shopping cart creations made. And abandoned carts as well for deleting.

I noticed all new customers orders would not be created after purchase. And 2 of the same customers who had this issue re ordered and the order was created. Also all customers who were already a member had no issues. So with this setting new customers will fail to create an order. I believe it's because there is no old cart for a new customer to use. Strange but took me 14 days to figure this out. Now since i turned off that option all new customer orders are created.

====If so, I'm not sure why that would have any effect on order creation for paypal.=====

There is no effect on order creation for Paypal. Paypal works fine and sends the validation. The effect is the validation sent from Paypal can't create the order because the re use cart is not there. This is my believe why it fails to create the order.

Theory:

1. With the option off a new cart number is created each time anyone visits the site. So all orders have no issues because it looks for the new cart number.

2. With the option on only previous customers can re use there old cart and there order is created because the option is looking for the old cart number.

3. With the option on a new customer can't re use there old cart because there is none and there order is not created because the option is looking for the old cart number. But they only have a new cart number.

=====What paypal module and version are you using?====

I use standard checkout. Paypal module is 1.3.9

========================

Another issue with 1.6.1.10 is the shopping carts section now has check boxes for all carts. And this is a bug. Because now when you select all to delete you can only delete the abandoned carts and non ordered carts with a warning saying you can't delete carts that have an order. Well of course not. There should be no check box to delete them in the first place. So this needs to be fixed as well.