[SOLVED] How to edit 'Call us now toll free' in blockcontact?

Funkeh

Hey guys I'm pulling my hair out over here trying to figure out how to change the text in my header and footer from 'Call us now toll free' to 'Call us now'.

I did some googling and was told I can edit 

themes/%THEME%/modules/blockcontact/nav.tpl

I went in here, and the code already reads as 'Call us now:', so I couldn't make any changes there.

Google also recommend going to localisation -> translation, and adding a translation to change the text to what I want.
Problem is, the text in here already says 'Call us now:', but my website is showing 'Call us now toll free:' :(

Please help, I have no idea what's going on here. I've switched themes back and forth to try and refresh the cache, I've restarted my apache server and mySQL server, I've gone through everything I can think of to try and fix this, but nothing is working.

The server is running locally on my computer so I can testbed before going live with webhosting. Unfortunately that means I can't provide anyone with a link. Here is a screenshot with the problem and some of my attempts to fix it.

http://imgur.com/a/gtKl9

EDIT: If I access the shop through the back office (clicking the My Shop button), the header and footer both display 'Call us now toll free:'. If I navigate directly to my website through http://127.0.0.1/prestashop/, the header shows 'Call us now:', and the footer shows 'Call us now toll free:'.
So now I have two issues that need fixing:
1) The header only shows the correct text to outside visitors, not to admins previewing the website through the backoffice link
2) The footer does not show the correct text under any circumstances

Edited by ZoeySheree1993 (see edit history)

You are using a custom theme, so, you need select also the theme in the translations tab, both if you are trying to translate texts in modules or theme.

I'm not sure I understand you.

When I click translations I have these options selected:

Type of translation: Installed modules translations
Select your theme: theme948
Select your language: English (English)

Is there something different I should be doing?

That's correct, maybe you have not translated the correct text, there is a button in the top to expand/close all fields, try to expand all fields, then use the finder of the browser to locate the text, and translate all coincidences.

OK, I did this and did searches for 'toll' which had 0 results, and searches for 'call us' which were all in 'Call us now:' strings.

I checked every theme installed as well as default-bootstrap and Core (no theme selected). Can't find anything.

:(

Have you tried going to Advanced Parameters > Performance tab and clicking the "Clear cache" button? Perhaps the old translation is cached.

I just had a look in here, there is no Clear cache button because all caching is disabled except for caching on SMARTY, and that is set to clear when modified.

I am using prestashop v1.6.1.10 if that's helpful

The "Clear cache" button in the top-right corner in the toolbar. See the red arrow in the screenshot below:

post-13933-0-12849200-1481706016_thumb.png

Unfortunately, I can't think of any other reason why your translations aren't updating after changing them on the Localization > Translations tab. You can try editing themes/%THEME%/modules/blockcontact/translations/en.php manually to see if it was changed there.

The "Clear cache" button in the top-right corner in the toolbar. See the red arrow in the screenshot below:

attachicon.gifscreenshot.png

Unfortunately, I can't think of any other reason why your translations aren't updating after changing them on the Localization > Translations tab. You can try editing themes/%THEME%/modules/blockcontact/translations/en.php manually to see if it was changed there.

Haha can't believe I didn't see the button up there, I must be going blind.

That fixed the problem, thank you so much. Everything is working perfectly now.