Complete Guide to New User - How to install the Prestashop to Web Hosting (Just Host)

Hi

I am new to prestashop. I spend about 5 days to setup my shop. Hope the following information will help you to save time.

The following is the step by step guide about how to register domain name, purchase web hosting service and install the prestashop to web hosting. Hope it will help you.

If you purchase the domain name and web hosting at the same place, you can start from Step 3.

1. register domain name ( I register domain name with register.com for about USD $10 per year)
2. purchase web hosting (after carefully search google and see feedback from other user, I decide to choose "Justhost" instead of "domain" or "go daddy")

I spend about USD $45 purchased 6 months web hosting service. After few hours I received confirm email from "justhost" said my service is ready for use.

First Big Problem here. But because I purchase domain name from domain.com , I have to change the "NAMESERVER INFORMATION" from "domain.com" to "justhost" (NS1: ns1.pipedns.com NS2: ns2.pipedns.com NS3: ns3.pipedns.com). You have to complete this step by visit domain.com, Not justhost.com.

3. now I can go to my own webpage. I download the Prestage Shop software and upload the software to my webhosting by using "cpanal" - "file manager" - "home directory" - "GO" (upload the software (zip file) Extract the zip file under "public-html" the folder name "Prestashop"

4. Go to "MySQL Database Wizard" to create new database. (Following the step by step or see the video tutorial)

5. Open your Internet Explorer or Firefox, type "http://abcde.com/prestashop/install/" you will go to the welcome page. (the "abcde.com" is your domain name, make sure in the step 3 your are extract the prestashop file under "Prestashop" folder, if you extract the prestashop file under "123" folder, you have to type "http://abcde.com/123/install/" I guess)

6. Follow the step by step guide to complete setting. When you go to step 3 "system configuration" you have to type the following information

database server name: localhost
database name: xxxx (step 4)
login: xxxx (step 4)
password: xxxx (step 4)

You can get above information on "MySQL Database" - "Current Database"

Second Big Problem here. the database server name is "localhost", i try to use my domain name and it is not correct, i try to contact the justhost and they don't know as well. finally I solve the problem on this forums.

Step 4 require you to enter your "shop name" and "shop password" see picture.

7. Final step, type "http://abcde.com/prestashop/admin/", you will get error message to ask you to delete the install folder and change admin folder name.

Go back to your "cpanel" - "file manager" - "home directory" - "GO" - "Public_Html" - "Prestashop"

Delete the "Install" folder

Change the "admin" folder name to "admin 202"

Type "http://abcde.com/prestashop/admin 202"

Everything's done and enjoy.

24827_H4uyuyOdklNGwzIlEAk3_t

• 3 weeks later...

Don't use Justhost again. Don't use Justhost.

After 15 days, my website has suspended by just host, because I reach their 10% CPU policy and ask me to upgraded to $149 per month plan (from $4 per month).

It is funny, the website i have only I visit at moment, and I only have less than 50MB file storage on their website.

Good Luck for Justhost.

See their email

As you probably aware, here at Just Host we proactively monitor all our servers to ensure that our clients websites are loading as fast as possible at all times. During this routine monitoring we
have found that your account is utilizing an excessive amount of system resources, and we have been forced to suspend your site as per our terms and conditions '10% CPU Policy'

For your reference, here is a copy of your usage report:
CPU memory MySQL
27.00% 4.55% 3.5
Top Process %CPU 30.0 /usr/bin/php /home/easydea1/public_html/index.php
Top Process %CPU 28.0 /usr/bin/php /home/easydea1/public_html/index.php
Top Process %CPU 27.0

Just Host offer unlimited hosting space and unlimited bandwidth, but as per our terms we will suspend any website which exceeds our 10% CPU policy. We hope that you understand our position in
ensuring that we provide the best possible service. In order to continue to provide this high quality service, you will need to upgrade to a dedicated server, which will give you an abundance of
additional resources and speed up your website.

As a loyal Just Host customer we have arranged for you to receive a special deal on a dedicated server with SingleHop, (our trusted dedicated partner) who will assist you with everything you need
to make your switch a smooth transaction.

Please visit this link to upgrade to a dedicated server: http://www.justhost.com/godedicated

Sorry for any inconvenience, and we hope you understand our decision. Once you have made the switch to dedicated, feel free to contact us at [email protected] for a refund of your current Just
Host account. On behalf of everyone here at Just Host, we wish you all the best with your online ventures.
--
--
Kind regards,

Vince Perry
Just Host
www.justhost.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...