Update 1.3.1 doesnt detect old shop

Hi guyz, the new prestashop update doesnt detect the old version which is installed in "public_html" folder directly. The location of new update is "public_html/prestashop_1.3.1". The option "Update: Get the latest stable version (no old version detected)" is disabled.

Any help is appreciated...

That's because it is in a separate directory. The file that allows PrestaShop to upgrade is config/settings.inc.php, which doesn't exist in the prestashop_1.3.1/config directory. You should copy over the settings.inc.php file, or make a backup of your existing PrestaShop website and overwrite the files that you haven't modified directly. Some files that are usually modified are img/logo.jpg, img/favicon.ico, modules/editorial/editorial.xml and modules/editorial/homepage_logo.jpg.

Do not copy the PrestaShop v1.3.1 archive into a different directory. Make a backup of your site, then overwrite your files with the ones from the PrestaShop v1.3.1 archive. You should restore the files I listed above from your backup and overwrite the default PrestaShop v1.3.1 ones so you don't lose the content from the homepage of your site. I'm working on writing an upgrade guide on my website, but I'm working on a lot of other things too.

My updated failed. I had to roll back to old version. Home editor did not get updated(some spanish/french content). Discounted products panel screwed up. I think that presta should come up with good documentation. I am not happy with the updates. And with the current version(1.2) language packs doesnt get installed correctly.

I don't understand why updates always work for me, but not for others. I upgraded my site from PrestaShop v1.2.5 to PrestaShop v1.3 with no problems. Perhaps it is because I don't have many products? Maybe I should write a module that checks for potential update issues, backs up all your files and database, then automatically downloads the latest version of PrestaShop and overwrites your files.