Live Edit in 1.7.0.2

Perikaceo

For the record, I have seen how to set the modules in different positions. If you go to the tpl of the section u want to modify(header, footer...) there is the code u have for the different blocks. Just copy that code into another position and it will change it in the front. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,
is it possible moving a block with code? I'll give you a practical example; I would like to move the block name='product_list_header' out of the block name='content', but when I try it disappears in front office. Thank you in advance.

Hi, 

i think it is, but you have to refrence it in the tpl u wish it to appear. Anyhow, could you please be a little more specific? Which file are u modifiying and in what version of prestashop?

Hi,

I'm using prestashop 1.7. Finally I did it. I have understood in every file tpl there's this code {extends file=''} which says you where the file tpl is recalled.

In my case, I want to move the block which is in the file category.tpl, because I want to modify the view of category page. Following the code, I have understood this view is controlled in file layout-both-columns.tpl. So I have paste the block of category.tpl there and it seems to be working. Can you tell me if this method is right?

I hope I made it clear :)

• 2 years later...

I would like to see LIVE EDIT return. I just installed  1.7.5.1  - I am new to PrestaShop, but I installed 1.6 last month.
MISSING:   Free Paypal Module; Live Edit mode;  "Favorite" pulldown for Modules (this is really useful!!!)

Why remove useful features?

Edited by jennybikes (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...