Converting CSV to PrestaShop's CSV format

Hi, Guys and gals, This is my first post here, but have been reading the forums alot here lately, Every issue I have had this forum has been able to help me,I'm glad be in a great community.

I have been setting a shop for a while now, I got a .txt file from our product source this morning and have no ideal on how to get it imported.I'm not sure how to put in to a CVS form, if that whats I need to do with it. the file is over 10Mg's, so I will attach a the first page.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Thanks Chris

Cell_Phone_Shop-Product_Catalog_1.txt

You'll need to convert the file so that it fits PrestaShop's CSV format. The file is mostly convertible. The big problem is the category column. For example, the category of your first row is "Cell Phone>Sony Ericsson >Sony Ericsson W800>Memory Stick PRO Duo". PrestaShop does not support importing categories this way. It requires you to import categories using a separate file and to use category IDs. You'll need to manually create a separate file with all the categories and give each an ID starting at 2 (since 1 is reserved for the Home category).

Once you've done that, I suggest that you load the product file into Excel or another editor that supports columns, then delete every column except NAME, KEYWORDS, DESCRIPTION, SKU, MANUFACTURERID, UPC, ISBN, SALEPRICE, PRICE, IMAGEURL. You can add CONDITION on the end as a feature if it is necessary. You should add an ID column at the start with 1, 2, 3, etc so that each product has a unique ID. You could then import these into the PrestaShop as the following fields: ID, Name, Meta-keywords, Description, URL rewrited, Manufacturer, Reference, EAN13, Wholesale price, Price (choose whether it is tax included or excluded), Image URL, Feature (then enter Condition as the name and click OK).

Thanks so much for your fast reply

Can you tell me if their is a easy way to convert the file automatically, or suggest software that might be able to do it.

It is about 20 pages in total, I downloaded a copy of a prestashop CVS file and I think I understand the jist of it, I'm concerned it will take me a year to manually convert the file.

Thanks

Chris

Topic renamed

You might be able to record a macro in Excel to automatically convert your CSV into PrestaShop's product CSV format, but it would be difficult to automatically convert the category column in your CSV to the right format for PrestaShop. I don't think you'll find a module to do it for you. You'll need to write a module that is unique to your CSV format.

Hi,

I just logged in to my account where i download the catalogs

I have some other choices, I dint see earlier under the Export Format they are Tab-Pipe-XML-Quoited CVS and CVS

do you think one of these other formats would be easier to work with, the example I posted earlier was the CVS

Thanks Chris

Cool I set up my columns, as it says under the import tab in the admin section on the right hand side of the page.

I will post my website link when it is complete, I'm thrilled to be using a product with so many great people, we are prestashop for life

Thanks again

Hi

I used the info rocky gave me and used this thread to get my products in to the site

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/24863/help_installation___upgrade/problem_with_product_import

I had categories all imported last night and today my categories.cvs file broke some how, so I'm going to enter them in manually, download Mobius2000 CVS file in that post and that should help quite a bit.

Thanks All

• 4 weeks later...

hi cell nerds,

im stuck on doing this as well, do you mind uploading an example of how your category of the separate cvs and your product cvs looks like? im all confused how to do this.....

Hi
, I thought I had it figured out but ended but screwing our site bad, I ended up hiring a coder from rent-a-coder, and I a girl named Maya bid on my project for 30 bucks, I ended up paying her 60 because she did a great job for us.

PM me if you want here email address.

Wish I had more info for you GL

Chris