Currency not being converted

turkamerabutikk

I have a store where I do most my business in Norwegian Kroner (NOK). I sell products imported and do not compete with retailers outside Norway. However I've just launched a self made product and want this to be availbale all over the world. I've therefore set up the shop with English (US) as the second language. All countries are activated.

The price in NOK for this product is 1125 inkl tax. For all sales abroad I want the curreny to be USD. I've added USD under Localization -> Currency. Both NOK and USD are activated.

Localization is determied by browser language.

A friend in Denmark tested this for me and it turns out that only the currency name changes, the price remains 1125. In other words, international customers think that my new product costs USD 1125 because only the prefix has changed. It should say USD 110.

Also, I need the VAT that applies to domestic customers to not apply to international ones.

I'm desperate for help as I believe I'm loosing a lot of business due to this.

EDIT: Currency conversion seems to be resloved but I still need help with the tax situation.

Edited by turkamerabutikk (see edit history)

Are you using taxes? You should set tax for Norway only in the tax rule used in the product.

As far as I can tell: yes. 

It seems to be working but it's hard to tell because I can't test my shop as if I was out-of-country. At least I've not found a way to do this. 

(I've tried changing the language of my browser (Chrome), this made the shop change the language from Norwegian to English, but did not change the currency or tax rules.)