Currency API Import (EUR) Vs Default Currency SEK.

Hello PrestaShop users!  ^_^  ;)

We use an API to import products and the import currency is EURO and we cant change that unfortunately.

The problem is that if we don't set the standard currency to EURO we get 10SEK(1EURO) Instead of 100SEK(10EURO). If we use EURO as standard currency we are getting the correct values since the import is EURO...

We would like to import EURO but display SEK to our customers without them have to change the currency in the topbar. Basically we are having a moment 22 here, if we change the default currency to SEK we are getting the wrong value on the products but currency are correct for the customers.

I feel like this problem should have occurring before but i cant find anything on the forums or google  :blush:  :blush: 

All help is much appricated. :wub:

Thanks for an awesome product.

/ Rob

Hi rob,  is reason shop default currency SEK so that is used in Front Office by default?

I have free module that you can set other than default currency to be default currency in  front office.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/377943-module-free-custom-front-office-default-currency-by-shop-in-multishop/

with this approach you can run euros default back office and sek default front  office visitors.

maybe this helps 

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)

Hi EL Patron,

Thanks for the quick response.

Inside Location -> Currency -> Default Currency we have set EURO this because the API is sending the prices with EURO and we are selling with SEK. If i choose default SEK here we get the wrong prices on our products. I have tried your Plugin (Set to SEK) but no success regarding the front end prices, the selection of currency is still in the top bar :/

If i choose SEK as currency in the TOPBAR manually (Frontend) when the backend is set to EURO we get the correct values.

Is their any information i can give you to help us further in the question?

Thanks

/ Robin

Robin, when using the module, it's important to visit shop in incognito window because if already have cookie it will have a currency and the shop will use that.

Also if you are running any sort of visitor localization, i.e. geo location or in localization page there is set currency based on visitor language etc. enabled this can override the default currency.  

When testing, always clear cookie.  Make sure you know what localizations you have enabled.

Fred