Unable to add or change products in prestashop

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can help me. I am using Prestashop 1.6.1.8 with the default theme. I moved the shop from one web host to another about a month ago, via a cPanel backup/restore (not sure that's relevant).

Over the past day or two, I've noticed I cannot add any new products to my store and cannot change the attributes of existing products. In the catalogue, I click the 'Add a new product' link, fill in all the attributes - name, reference code, short description, description, tags. I click on save or save and stay, it whirs away for a second or two, says it was successful but all of the boxes are completely empty - just as I started after pressing add a new product. Nothing has been added to the products list.

As a diagnosis aid, I have disbaled cache on the site and I have run the mySQL check and the mySQL repair against the shop database - both of which reported successful completion and no problems. But I still can't save a new product nor change the attributes on an existing product. Site appears to be running fine otherwise.

I've not been able to find any similar reports in this forum, so any thoughts please?