Urgent - 1-Click upgrade to 1.6.1.8 not working - possibly stalled?

Hi, this is pretty urgent as my store is down in the meantime!

I was running 1.6.0.8 and just installed the 1-Click upgrade module, due to several issues I'd been having it was recommended to update. Left it for a while and have just come back to it, the screen (under Advance Parameters, 1 Click Upgrade) now says

Settings Update Successful

Followed by the activity log which is currently at:

......./website/cache/....................... added to archive. 16315 files left.

This has remained unchanged for over nearly two hours now so it isn't progressing through the remaining files.

Any ideas please?

UPDATE 1: I also tried to contact Prestashop directly (through the Contact Us section on the Add-on Store 1 Click Module page) but I can't send them a message about it - it links me through to the Forge instead.

UPDATE 2: Has been 12 hours now since starting the upgrade and the page is sitting at the same point. I've opened a new tab, took it off maintenance mode and everything still seems to be as it was, so hopefully my store can operate in the meantime.

Would really appreciate any possible answers though please, as I thought the point of the module was to make it simple to update to the latest version.

Have added a screenshot of what it was up to when it stopped working.

post-811187-0-88257800-1478078887_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stephanie-SB (see edit history)

the time it takes to perform an upgrade has many factors, including how large the catalog of products and categories are, how many customers and orders you have, and how good your hosting platform is.  All are things I cannot predict for you.

The first thing you should do, if you have not done so already, is how to perform an upgrade.  There is a guide in the Learn menu above.

The second thing you should do, is never rely on the upgrade to properly backup and restore your site.  Disable that feature during upgrades, and learn to take your own backups.

The third thing you should do, is create a test copy of your store and perform the upgrade to the test copy.  This will teach you a few things along the way, like learning how to properly backup and restore the site, as well as experiment with the upgrade process