Problem with PrestaShop v 1.6.1.x and PayPal USA v 1.3.9

WebWoman

Since PayPal upgraded their servers (SSL stuff) mid to late September 2016, my PrestaShop v 1.6.1.7 has been continually experiencing problems working with PayPal.

I've got the latest PayPal USA module, v 1.3.9, installed, but continue to experience a lot of different issues:

PayPal Express doesn't work in any browser - it generates a 10040 PayPal error.

PayPal Standard is flaky in Google Chrome, most of the time just showing a blank white screen. In the very latest version of Chrome it now says, "The www.paypal.com page isn't working. www.paypal.com is currently unable to handle your request. HTTP Error 502."

In Firefox and Internet Explorer, PayPal Standard works somewhat. The payment goes through to PayPal, but when then the customer is returned to the Order History page - showing no new order - with the items are still in their cart giving the customer the impression no order was placed. PrestaShop doesn't get any info back from PayPal. No order is generated.

My next step is to upgrade to PayPal Advanced Payments or PayPal Payments Standard and use the PayFlow gateway, but I'm not convinced that's going to fix the problems.

PayPal not working in Chrome looks like it's going to be an ongoing problem. PayPal Tech Support don't even have Chrome installed on their workstations to help you troubleshoot the problem.

Before their server upgrades, PayPal was working perfectly.

Can anyone shed some light? Anyone else having problems.

• 2 weeks later...