Hostgator SSL

Hello, i need to install Prestashop with SSL activated and i want to know if this works well in a Hostgator Bussines Plan.

Bussines Plan have a free Dedicated SSL & IP, but i'm new with SSL and i'm a little lost here.

If you currently have the Business Plan, you can request the free private SSL by filling out our free private SSL request form

Somebody knows if this kind of hosting is enough or somebody has tried out before? Any other hosting recomendation? I'm looking Hostgator because the free SSL.

Thanks for all.

• 1 month later...

I have a Host Gator business account and am using the free shared SSL. It works just fine. All you have to do in PrestaShop is turn it on at installation.

One thing to remember, all images that you insert into your pages have to be uploaded within the /prestashop directory or you'll get a message from the browser there are non-secure elements on your page. I've put all of mine in the /prestashop/img directory and have had no problems.

BTW, as part of the business plan, Host Gator offers a free 800 VoIP number and voicemail and 100 minutes a month.

Thanks workwork, I too have Hostgator business plan and I think it included a dedicated SSl...did not know about the 800 number, great info!!

A question about the images! Some of my images like in the "about us" or "privacy policy" are hosted via photobucket as I did not see a way to upload those to PS when I was editing those pages...these are not securely hosted, will this cause a problem? I thought that the SSL would only apply to pages like registering an account, order etc??

If not and it will cause warnings, what is the method for determining the URL when you place photos in /prestashop/img directory??

THANKS!!

Thanks workwork, I too have Hostgator business plan and I think it included a dedicated SSl...did not know about the 800 number, great info!!

The free 800 number is a great deal. I don't get a lot of calls, so I'm able to stay under the 100 minutes a month limit. And it's only 4.9 cents a minute over that. I have the calls forwarded to an actual phone, but I let their voicemail take the calls and call them back to save minutes.

A question about the images! Some of my images like in the "about us" or "privacy policy" are hosted via photobucket as I did not see a way to upload those to PS when I was editing those pages...these are not securely hosted, will this cause a problem? I thought that the SSL would only apply to pages like registering an account, order etc??

SSL will only apply on specific pages, I have right and left column images that are on all pages, secure and non-secure. If your Photobucket hosted photos appear only on non-secure pages, you'll be ok. If you do have pictures that will appear on all pages including secure, just upload them via FTP into your prestastore/img folder and edit their location in whatever file your working with. I also understand if the photos are hosted on another secure server, you won't get warnings. Just on the ones with non-secure hosting.

If not and it will cause warnings, what is the method for determining the URL when you place photos in /prestashop/img directory??

All I've had to enter for a location is /img.