Prestashop install blocked at System Requirement

Hello!

it's no the first time I install Prestashop but this time I have this error I see e for the first time:

- Prestashop 1.6.1.7 (latest version downloaded today)

- Hosting OVH (provided by customer)

At license agreements page whet I thick "I agree to the above terms and conditions" and the I click Next (it should fo System compatibility) the page loads for at least 5 minutes and then I get the error on Firefox "Connection was reset".

What could be the reason?

Thanks!

Max

Please check the error log on your server, there might be some server related issue that is stopping you from installing the module.

You can also post the errors from your error log here so that we can guide you.

FYI, to enable error debugging you can follow the steps below.

- open file: config/defines.inc.php (using FTP or hosting control panel)

- change false-->true:

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

Please check the error log on your server, there might be some server related issue that is stopping you from installing the module.

You can also post the errors from your error log here so that we can guide you.

FYI, to enable error debugging you can follow the steps below.

- open file: config/defines.inc.php (using FTP or hosting control panel)

- change false-->true:

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

I know how to enable logs but this is not the case the connection goes in timeout there is no application error and nothing in the server error logs.

Sometimes OVH provides accounts that are extremely limited in resources.

right, apparently this is something related to OVH settings, and they have their own Prestashop installation procedure.

Thanks a lot!

Maybe it helps to tell a bit more about my experiences with OVH. At some point there was quite a lot of positive sentiment in this forum about their special Prestashop hosting accounts. As these are quite expensive and they recommend a cheaper account anyway for setting up the shop I took a cheaper account. It worked for a simple shop with 10 products. But then I decided to upload a more realistic shop with 3000 products. The upload took eternally. And when I tried to run the regeneration of images the system ran into memory problems that made it impossible to run. I know one shouldn't expect too much of a 60 euro a year account but this is less than what others provide.