[SOLVED] Adding a new shipping charge

My shipping rates have already been created by weight range for UPS in the US. This was done by my original programmer. I now want to add a new shipping rate for a specific item but I do not know how to do that. Thanks.

It is not possible to specify a shipping rate for a specific product in PrestaShop. I've written a hack that uses the weight field as the shipping cost, but since you are already using the weight field for shipping, it won't work for you.

I do understand that I need to first create a weight range and assign a shipping cost to that weight range. That is where I am having trouble. I was able to create a new weight range but I can't figure out how to assign a cost to that weight range. When I enter it in on the Shipping tab, it won't save.

What do you mean by it not saving? So you've created a weight range for a carrier, gone to the Shipping tab and selected the carrier in the dropdown, and entered a shipping cost for that weight range. What happens then? Are you using the UPS module available for free on the forums? I think it overrides the shipping costs, so you can't specify your own.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure which module I am using since it was created by a programmer that I'm no longer in contact with. I am not a programmer myself, as you can imagine, so I don't know how to verify this. I do believe he created the shipping rates himself since I had specific amounts.

After I create the weight range, am I supposed to enter something in the Handling section? I tried this once and then it was giving my products FREE shipping which I didn't want. I have many shipping costs available beginning with $9.95 but I'm trying to create one for $6.95. I now have a weight range from 345 lbs - 345.99 lbs but it is showing up as $0. How can I enter the $6.95?

The handling is a fixed charge added on top of the shipping that applies to all carriers and ranges, so you shouldn't set one if you want the existing UPS shipping costs to stay the same.

Did you assign zones to the carrier too? You should be able to just enter $6.95 as the shipping cost in the "345-345.99" weight range column in each zone row. Can you post a screenshot of the bottom of the Shipping tab when you've selected the carrier you want to add the cost to?

Did you do what I said in my second paragraph above to fix it or did you do something else? Others may have the same question and want to know how you fixed it.

Also, if your issue is resolved, you should edit your first post and add [sOLVED] to the front of the title.

• 1 year later...

I'm having the exact same problem, only I'm setting ranges for price and don't know where to actually put in the shipping cost for a given price range. Where exactly do I find the field to enter the amount I want to charge for shipping? Thanks

I'm having the exact same problem, only I'm setting ranges for price and don't know where to actually put in the shipping cost for a given price range. Where exactly do I find the field to enter the amount I want to charge for shipping? Thanks

The charge is applied on the shipping tab at the bottom within the admin area

See this image

http://www.prestashop.com/wiki/b32e66e76ca11844dd4e55634b040211/

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I have the same problem as filipstudio. i'm using P.S. 1.5.5.0 and can't save the changes in the shipping table (Fees by carrier, geographical zone and ranges). After I enter the values and press "save", every field is 0.00000 again. 

​I put the weights on each product and I'm also using Payments2carrier module. Can anyone help?