Menu disappeared after updating module

Hi,

I am newbie to prestashop. I am currently working on upgrades for a client website - www.krishnachennai.com

While accessing modules in the admin zone, I updated two modules - Top horizontal menu and category block (I deeply regret why I updated it); after doing so both menus which were present in the website disappeared.

I tried all suggestions listed in this community and available in other forums like hooking; resetting parameters but no use.

Please let me know how to bring back both menus.

The top horizontal menu was at top of the sliders in the website link provided above and contained menu items like Home, ABout Us, Contact Us etc.

The  left side bar menu (categories) will be left of the slider and contained "category" menu items.

Theme used is - default bootstrap
url: www.krishnachennai.com
PrestaShop version 1.6.0.9

Somebody please help me!!

Try turning on dev mode first, see if there is some error.
If not, open blocktopmenu.php, and inside hookDisplayTop, at the very beginning, add die('here');

See if the page dies. If so, continue moving that snippet down, then refreshing, and see where the breakpoint is

Also make sure you clear cache if you didn't try yet

Thank you @NemoPS for your quick response.

Frankly speaking, the above mentioned steps were greek and latin for me.
I am only 3 days old when it comes to prestashop and had to google even to turn on development mode.

OK. I followed your steps and the following were the results.

Try turning on dev mode first, see if there is some error.

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/krishnae/public_html/override/classes/Category.php on line 733
Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in /home/krishnae/public_html/override/classes/Category.php on line 757

I made some changes in array and was able to overcome this issue

If not, open blocktopmenu.php, and inside hookDisplayTop, at the very beginning, add die('here');

See if the page dies. If so, continue moving that snippet down, then refreshing, and see where the breakpoint is.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'die' (T_EXIT), expecting ';' or '{' in /home/krishnae/public_html/modules/blocktopmenu/blocktopmenu.php on line 725
And this happened each and every time I moved the snippet till the end of code.

Also make sure you clear cache if you didn't try yet.
I had done this earlier after reading previous forums but did this again.

a) Is there any way we can revert the update made to "Top Horizontal Menu" and "Categories Block"?

b ) Categories are there in admin backend but is not displaying in the front end.

c) Even if I add a new horizontal menu it is displaying in front end.

Edited by OnwardSolutions (see edit history)