How to apply Catalog Price Rules to all items having a given attribute (any & all combinations)?

Hello,

For the moment, I can only apply a Catalog Price Rule within a single product (and its combinations) at a time. It is like the Catalog Price Rules are too restrictive, by default. Being restricted to apply to combinations of a given product only, but not taking into account the other combinations from other products that have the same attribute...

My need:

I need Catalog Price Rules to be applied to all items that bear the same attribute.

Example:

Some of my products may be offered by colors and materials. One of the product attribute is its length, for instance.

Product ID 1 is red and made of material A. Product ID 1 has combinations: 30cm, 1 meter, 249 meters.

Product ID 125 is blue and made of material B. Product ID 125 has combinations: 30cm, 1 meter, 249 meters.

And so on...

How to set a Catalog Price Rule so that any and all 1 meter product combination quantities, that is added to the shopping cart, get discounted (even if those 1 meter combinations are from many different product IDs)?

Help!

Best Regards