Category and Subcategory Import

adedunsford

Hi Guys

I am simply at my wits end, so close to throwing the pc out of the window,

Can someone please explain to me how i can import categories and subcategories via the csv file. I have spent the last couple of days looking for the explanation but i just cant seem to find it.

Is it even possible to upload my csv file that already has all of the products, categories, subcategories, image urls etc, and it all fits into place?

Regards

Adrian

Is it even possible to upload my csv file that already has all of the products, categories, subcategories, image urls etc, and it all fits into place?

yes you should be able to import categories and products via csv files. you must prepare the csv files in correct format.
you can also specify to import as new product by specify propduct ID  or set as 0 for new products.

You can find sample CSV files from following folder
YourStoreRoot/docs/csv_import/

yes you should be able to import categories and products via csv files. you must prepare the csv files in correct format.
you can also specify to import as new product by specify propduct ID  or set as 0 for new products.

You can find sample CSV files from following folder
YourStoreRoot/docs/csv_import/

Not subcategories. If he have products in csv file and they was prev in a subcategories after inport of 2000 products he will have it in global category. I had this problem before spend 5 days reading and searching there was no way to import categories i did it using mysql only.

Edited by c64girl (see edit history)

If You have categories

Categorie 1

- Sub 1

-- Subub 1

Categorie 2

- Sub 1

-- Subub 1

- Sub 2

-- Subub 2

Categorie 3

- Sub 1

-- Subub 1

You can only export and inport the categories 1,2,3 sub categories cant be exported or imported using csv in one file.

Edited by c64girl (see edit history)