[SOLVED] reCAPTCHA to avoid DDOS attack

Steve Joms

Hi Shokinro, It is now fixed. Also I want to share this to others on How to Mitigate the DDoS attack on their site. I install HTTP Anti-Flood/DOS Security Module. 

1. I downloaded the module from Sourceforge so its free (https://sourceforge.net/projects/iosec/?source=directory)

2. I unzip the file and copy the contents to my root folder (html folder)

3. Then add the code "include ('iosec.php');" to index.php located at the root folder (html folder)

Then I am now testing it and its working well, when someone is trying to flood my site with a lot of request which can exhaust from resources before they successfully do that the Anti-flood module will turn them away by interrupting the specific IP sending flood request for a time being (For me I setup 10 seconds) and if they are real user not a bot they can do reCaptcha so they can get back to their browsing page right away.

For simulation I use load tester tool (loadtestertool.com) to send a large traffic to my site, I used my desktop to send large of traffic then I check the website using my mobile phone who has different IP. The result is that large traffic can't exhaust my resources the anti-ddos module already blocked my desktop IP and my mobile phone act as a legitimate user so my phone can access the website smoothly.

Note: my PS version is 1.6.0.9

Thanks,

-Joe

• Like 1