Grouped product features

gonandriy

I find a module or another kind of solution which help me grouped product features.
I need gather some features into group
I need create groups
I need set positions for features for features inside the groups and for groups
On the product page on tab 'features' I want see two-level tree with grouped features.

Is somebody know some modules or features which can help me?

Thank you for any information!

• 5 months later...

Hi there,

I am looking for the same functionality of product features.
I need to group the features in groups of Basic and Extra features.

I looked into AdminFeatures.php and AdminTab.php class searching for the place form where this could be done.

There is a foreach loop where all the features get displayed, and i figure this could be the place to make modifications.
I fear though, I would have to alter the database tables where the features are stored and add something like feature type and then test for this field when displaying the features list. I say I fear because i don't exactly know what implications this would have on the whole system. Is this approach a good one or would this be done better in a different way?

Please help me with this problem. Any help is appreciated.

I prefer to add any functional with minimum change of core files. Prestashop architecture not allowed do this in all cases, but changes of core code need to be minimal.
Therefore I implemented this as a module. This module working on site http://foto-magazine.com.ua
I can give you source of this module, but I can't guaranty that it will work for you, because some changes of core however I have been made.
This changes you can see into source code. I have been overload some core classes, which display and process feature and products.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, some errors to report. There is a little issue when showing features in front office, i can see the feature name, but not the value. Anyway, i just sent a pm to u since i was working on the same thing

Other relevant problems:

file AdminExFeatures, about line 291 (in dreamweaver) you use a short tag for opening php script (<?) which in my version causes errors, use the default opening tag instead.

By the way, why did you use that many echoes? On which versione of presta is your mod based?

Anyway, in product view ordering features by position is not working, and neither they are shown in product comparison (but that just means some tpl editing i guess)

Bye!

Oh, whoops, looks like the settings for categories are gone in the product add and edit pages! Maybe some messing with adminProduct?

p.s. "collapse all/expand all" not working in product features tab :)

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

hi everyone. if you want a stable, no bug module this topic can help you: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/171783-module-group-product-features/

Features:

- groups product features

- assigns groups of features to categories (set order of display)

- configure data sheet design

Edited by Start Online Design (see edit history)