alleged constant attack on shopping carts

hstpctech

Hello,

I wish to consult the Prestashop community regarding an alleged attack that's constantly hit my online store shopping carts on a daily basis.

The visitor(s) picked random items everyday, sometimes twice a day, and left without proceeding to payment.

Once in a while, I would get notice error from Europe Paypal module v.3.1 - but the notice is blank. It only says there's an error encountered by a visitor during a visit.

My hunch is the two are related somehow, but even the Paypal developer couldn't help me with this problem.

I hope I can find someone else here who encountered the same problem, or better, know how to handle this situation.

sincerely,

Andy

PrestaShop™ 1.6.0.14 - 

PayPal v3.10.10 -

I guess this is the search engine robot. not hacker.

Thank you for your idea ~ but do you really certain search engines would put items in shopping baskets? Also it triggers some kind of failed payment through Paypal module. With my previous store, I didn't have such problems.

Also, what kind of robots would scour a particular website daily or even twice a day?

Edited by hstpctech (see edit history)

robot will access any possible links, it may access the "Add to cart" buttons or links.

it is the same if the payment links it available, it will also try to access

unless those links are marked as "no-follow". but some robots even will ignore those.

Makes sense....but it happened everyday since May. It's almost 5 months now, and the abandoned carts are piling up. Everyday like a clockwork they add stuff randomly. What should I do to implement the no-follow directive, if you please?