Backend file upload (and download) to Order

I am looking for 

a ) an existing module
b ) a programming way

...to allow ADMIN (in backend) uploading(and downloading) files for orders.

The goal is to set-up a sort of business-inside file-comunication channel, through the orders,

one employee will upload a file (e.g. a design) to an order, and the other employee will (elsewhere) download it and open it for further processing... These files really SHOULD be placed in orders, any other sort of sending these files is unwanted...

So something like a backend-order-file-manager for each order? 

This probably isn't the answer you were expecting, but you could upload the files to a cloud service like Dropbox and then post a link as a private message for the order. Then an employee could click the link and edit the file in Dropbox and the changes will be seen by all the other employees.

This probably isn't the answer you were expecting, but you could upload the files to a cloud service like Dropbox and then post a link as a private message for the order. Then an employee could click the link and edit the file in Dropbox and the changes will be seen by all the other employees.

Thanks for your answer, interesting one, but still it fits the "unwanted", the data must be placed within e-shop. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I did this already, just file uploads on the order page of the backend, no visibility to users and no possibility users can upload something. Simply file exchange based on orders. Let me know if I can send you details as I have not built a public plugin so far.