[Ask] How to create theme from modified default bootstrap template

Hello ,

I am new to prestashop development and the rest of website design. I just started to host my prestashop and custom default template using guidance I found from over here.

I have incident with new updated prestashop to 1.6.1.7 and lost all my modified theme into default again (*my bad I didn't backup) and have to re do everything from the scratch.

is there any way that I can use my modified default template and use it as custom template zip file. so in the next prestashop update. its not impacting the theme

Thank you

Just copy and rename the default theme before making your modifications, then it won't be overwritten during upgrades.

would you help to enlighten me how to do this ?

ex :

copy default-bootstrap folder into theme folder and change into new custom folder

but it will broke the site if i do this since theme still refer to default-bootstrap

Actually, I found an automatic method that doesn't require modifying any files or database settings.

Go to the Preferences > Themes tab in the Back Office, click the "Add new theme" button at the top and then click the "Create a new theme" button at the bottom. Enter a name for your modified theme and a directory and choose "default-bootstrap" for "Copy missing files from existing theme". You can also change "Default left column" to "Yes" and "Responsive" to "Yes" and enter the "Number of products per page" to 12 to match the default theme. Click the "Save" button to create the duplicate theme.

You should then see your new theme listed. Move your mouse over it and then click "Use this theme" to switch to that theme. Select all the shops the theme will apply. By default, it will restore all the theme's modules to their default enabled/disabled state. You can untick all the boxes to stop that happening.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...