Multi language across multiple domains

wokkel

Hello everyone,

We want to setup a multi language platform with multiple domains.

Let's say we have the following languages we want redirect:

www.mysite.com/nl to mysite.nl 

www.mysite.com/en to mysite.co.uk

www.mysite.coim/de to mysite.de

www.mysite.com/fr to mysite.fr and so on...

Can anyone point me in the right direction how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

you have two options but pretty easy.

1) Native PrestaShop MultiShop

When you add domain, share 'everything'

Note: you do not want to redirect by 'language', I suggest just keeping all languages enabled for all shops  and then for each shop set the correct deault language for that shop.  The reason for not doing redirect 1) redirects are penalized by seo, do as few as humanly possible 2) new eu proposals "

• A legislative proposal to address unjustified geoblocking and other forms of discrimination on the grounds of nationality, residence or establishment;"

Ok, now you 2nd option is my PrestaShop MultiShop Pro

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/530535-module-prestashop-multishop-multistore-pro-fast-simple-multishop/

here you would from back office add your additional domains and set the key shop values for each shop.  Please see back office demo for configuration options.

The advantage of module solution over native MultiShop is 1) performance (it's fast) 2) easy to  manage, no need to change shop context, all modules/themes work with it where native multistore rocks, there is no feature declaration say with addon's or other market places telling us if module/theme is multishop compliant.  

The advantage of native over module solution 1) you can set shop context and more eaisly manage lower level info by domain 2) support sitemap.xml creation by domain, though bots are more useful than sitemap submission. 

I prefer the module solution for 'share everything', it's much more light weight,  and at the end of the day, it' all about speed.

some links

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/The+multistore+interface

I hope this helps get you thinking of approach.

Happy day, el

• 4 years later...

Hi El Patron

How does this work?

I cannot find the demostore..

I have a store in 4 languages.  it has now a TDL .be

But i want to use TDL .fr  for french language  and fench market

TDL .de for german

TDL .nl and .be for dutch

Will all links be with the new domain?  And what kind of SSL certificate needs to be used.. if U just using one prestashop installation?

Now i have a new PS installation for every store.. this is very labor intensive.. so i would prefer to use one platform  with 5 TDL

.be  Belgium (french, dutch, german)

.Fr France  (french)

.nl Holland (dutch)

.de Germany (german)

.com  (english)

can it be used with version 1.6?  my mainstore is still on 1.6.. i have a few tests with 1.7.. but backoffice is slow.. and not sure if its a better version

With the 1.6 i have sometimes the cart stays empty.. did not experience that with 1.7.. But still im afraid im missing out on sales.. and there is no way to follow up on this or monitor this

thnx

On 9/13/2016 at 1:55 PM, El Patron said:

you have two options but pretty easy.

Ok, now you 2nd option is my PrestaShop MultiShop Pro

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/530535-module-prestashop-multishop-multistore-pro-fast-simple-multishop/

here you would from back office add your additional domains and set the key shop values for each shop.  Please see back office demo for configuration options.

Happy day, el

12 hours ago, demarkae said:

Hi El Patron

How does this work?

I cannot find the demostore..

I have a store in 4 languages.  it has now a TDL .be

But i want to use TDL .fr  for french language  and fench market

TDL .de for german

TDL .nl and .be for dutch

Will all links be with the new domain?  And what kind of SSL certificate needs to be used.. if U just using one prestashop installation?

Now i have a new PS installation for every store.. this is very labor intensive.. so i would prefer to use one platform  with 5 TDL

.be  Belgium (french, dutch, german)

.Fr France  (french)

.nl Holland (dutch)

.de Germany (german)

.com  (english)

can it be used with version 1.6?  my mainstore is still on 1.6.. i have a few tests with 1.7.. but backoffice is slow.. and not sure if its a better version

With the 1.6 i have sometimes the cart stays empty.. did not experience that with 1.7.. But still im afraid im missing out on sales.. and there is no way to follow up on this or monitor this

thnx

Hi, I think this was answered in another post and you were to contact @razaro or ask question on the module shop.  You ask how does this work?  Well it multplexes content across multiple domain/subdomains...after installation you add the new domains via the admin module where you can also change that shops email/name/and many other store specific data, contact us for example...I'm not here to sell a module, what I try to do is provide advice on how to geo localize including localizing visitor experience.  Your problem is that you have a .be, this then creates confusion to non .be visitor...while you can for organics add .fr .n. etc....you could just as easily use our geo targeting prog and visitors shipping assurance module, then  it will display 'Deliver to: country', like amazon.  the problem with eu shop or other .cctld shops is that those not in the country have experienced no shipping to their country only at checkout, so many do not bother.  happy selling, I'm off to the races.