[solved] Thickbox stopped working

I don't know when or how, but thickbox just stopped working. When a picture is clicked it just opens in the browser but not in a thickbox ??
I'm a first time user and do go into changing CSS and more minor changes. But correcting this problem was not copying back thickbox.css or jqzoom.css ... they were not the problem. I tried switching themes, but that was also not the problem.
What files make thickbox work? does anybody had this problem before. I really don't want to install prestashop over again, considering i've had many problems with copying the database into a new install.
-edited-

Do you mean the thumbnail images on the product page? It appears you have jqZoom enabled, so product images won't display in thickbox. There is a known bug in the jqZoom feature that has been reported and fixed in PrestaShop v1.3. To fix this bug, change line 117 of product.tpl from:

<a href="{$link->getImageLink($product->link_rewrite, $imageIds, 'thickbox')}" rel="other-views" class="{if !$jqZoomEnabled}thickbox{/if} {if $smarty.foreach.thumbnails.first}shown{/if}" title="{$image.legend|htmlspecialchars}">

to:

<a href="{$link->getImageLink($product->link_rewrite, $imageIds, 'thickbox')}" rel="other-views" class="thickbox {if $smarty.foreach.thumbnails.first}shown{/if}" title="{$image.legend|htmlspecialchars}">