[SOLVED] $("#search_query").autocomplete is not a function break at extraParams:{ajaxSearch:1,id_lang:1}

Hi All,

Love the help so far on this forum :-)

I get the same error as solved in "http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/43585/#241844" but only in my index page.

I have added an extra hook to a top navbar that has a working search with autocomplete on all other pages except the index page!

I have added a specific line to point to the jscript in the header.tpl:-

[script type="text/javascript" src="{$content_dir}js/jquery/jquery.autocomplete.js"][/script]

I have read the other previous posts on the subject: I am not running the v1.1 theme compatibility and my blocksearch.tpl file contains the simplified "extraParams:{ajaxSearch:1,id_lang:1}" line.

I am a newbie to this environment - using the standard Quick block search 1.0, firebug, Net Beans, Windows Grep, Win Merge MySQL Front and the smarty debug module but just not getting it - any help or tips on tools welcome?

Meanwhile I will go off and install another fresh version of presta and try to debug where my error is coming from.

Well I have the same problem. I tried everything. I also don't use v1.1 compatibility. The problem is only on the home page. In all the other pages it just works.

I get the following message in firebug. If there is a solution to this could anyone please help.

23749_xqnYPTZtfN7gG0thayx0_t

I tried that also and I think the OP also did that too from what I understand. I tried every solution in posted in the forums editing the header.tpl adding $cookie but the problem is still there. I think about turning ajaxsearch off. That way my customers will not see an error.

To BillyD.

It think I know what your problem is.

Try adding this in header.tpl The code you have is with [ ] instead of <>

[removed][removed]  

This doesn't work for me but it might work for you.

TomerG. I also positioned the searchblock to header in BO but it doesn't work. I also tried it with the standard prestashop template but the same problem shows up.

23797_0lX3aTorXExmsiqSq1KR_t

Ok my problem is solved. I don't know what the problem was but I uninstalled the blocksearch module. Deleted the folder blocksearch from my server.

Then I downloaded prestashop 1.2.5(my installation also is 1.2.5) copied the blocksearch module to my server and installed it in BO.

I am using Minimaliste theme. When I think back I had to overwrite some files in the blocksearch to install my theme and I think that was the cause of this problem.

Thanks TomerG. Your post made me realize something in my blocksearch module was not right.

Ok my problem is solved. I don't know what the problem was but I uninstalled the blocksearch module. Deleted the folder blocksearch from my server.

Then I downloaded prestashop 1.2.5(my installation also is 1.2.5) copied the blocksearch module to my server and installed it in BO.

I am using Minimaliste theme. When I think back I had to overwrite some files in the blocksearch to install my theme and I think that was the cause of this problem.

Thanks TomerG. Your post made me realize something in my blocksearch module was not right.

Gleb, as you can see adding the [ brackets stopped my code being removed :-) . I have tried replacing the blocksearch module previously but will try again tonight. I thought my problem was probably to do with me using my own hook?

i want ask about ajax serach and search in BO. when i put numer in BO search E1234 show my produkt with name/reference e1234 when i put 1234 result is the same ( show me product E1234) . when im in FO and put 1234 in ajax serach dont have result with this product who have name/reference E1234.

is it a problem with regular expressions??

somebody repair and have idea why in BO working good but in FO not :