add page number to meta title in category page

dvir

hi,

i have category pages with a lot of products. 

for example : 

https://www.cdsoft.co.il/index.php?id_category=7&controller=category&id_lang=3&p=4

https://www.cdsoft.co.il/index.php?id_category=7&controller=category&id_lang=3&p=3

https://www.cdsoft.co.il/index.php?id_category=7&controller=category&id_lang=3&p=2

they all have the same meta title .

i want to add to each meta title " page number XX"

HOW TO DO IT ?

Try creating override/classes/Meta.php with the following:

<?php

class Meta extends MetaCore
{
    public static function getCategoryMetas($id_category, $id_lang, $page_name, $title = '')
    {
        $metas = MetaCore::getCategoryMetas($id_category, $id_lang, $page_name, $title);

if ((int)Tools::getValue('p') > 1) {
            $metas['meta_title'] .= ' (page '.(int)Tools::getValue('p').')';
        }

return $metas;
    }
}

This should add the page number in brackets to the meta-title if there is more than one page. The first page will not have any page number.

Remember to go to Advanced Parameters > Performance and then click the "Clear cache" button (or manually delete cache/class_index.php) so PrestaShop can find the override.

Seems this is harder than I thought it would be. Strangely, when I check my PrestaShop v1.6.1.6 test site, it is already adding the page number to the meta-title. I see Women on the first page and Women (2) on the second page. I'm not sure why your PrestaShop isn't already doing this.

Here's what my Meta::getCategoryMetas function looks like from classes/Meta.php:

public static function getCategoryMetas($id_category, $id_lang, $page_name, $title = '')
    {
        if (!empty($title)) {
            $title = ' - '.$title;
        }
        $page_number = (int)Tools::getValue('p');
        $sql = 'SELECT `name`, `meta_title`, `meta_description`, `meta_keywords`, `description`
				FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_lang` cl
				WHERE cl.`id_lang` = '.(int)$id_lang.'
					AND cl.`id_category` = '.(int)$id_category.Shop::addSqlRestrictionOnLang('cl');

$cache_id = 'Meta::getCategoryMetas'.(int)$id_category.'-'.(int)$id_lang;
        if (!Cache::isStored($cache_id)) {
            if ($row = Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->getRow($sql)) {
                if (empty($row['meta_description'])) {
                    $row['meta_description'] = strip_tags($row['description']);
                }

// Paginate title
                if (!empty($row['meta_title'])) {
                    $row['meta_title'] = $title.$row['meta_title'].(!empty($page_number) ? ' ('.$page_number.')' : '').' - '.Configuration::get('PS_SHOP_NAME');
                } else {
                    $row['meta_title'] = $row['name'].(!empty($page_number) ? ' ('.$page_number.')' : '').' - '.Configuration::get('PS_SHOP_NAME');
                }

if (!empty($title)) {
                    $row['meta_title'] = $title.(!empty($page_number) ? ' ('.$page_number.')' : '').' - '.Configuration::get('PS_SHOP_NAME');
                }

$result = Meta::completeMetaTags($row, $row['name']);
            } else {
                $result = Meta::getHomeMetas($id_lang, $page_name);
            }
            Cache::store($cache_id, $result);
            return $result;
        }
        return Cache::retrieve($cache_id);
    }

As you can see, it's already adding the page number to the meta-title. Does your function have this code?

hi - I've found it :)  

i'm using blocklayered module , and there is a function call Ajax call.

when i'm using blocklayered- the meta title comes from the ajax function :)

so - with the help of Yaniv Mirel  -  in line 3174 , on module/blocklayered/blocklayered.php - line 3174 :

'meta_title' => $meta_title . ' | ' . $this->l('page') . ' ' . $p .  ' - ' . Configuration::get('PS_SHOP_NAME'),

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

In prestashop 1.6 i just add the folowing to add the page number to the title or any other meta info, just add it to the header.tpl using the smarty ability to get page ({$smarty.get.p})

i.e.

<title>{$meta_title|escape:'html':'UTF-8'|truncate:120:"":false}{if isset($smarty.get.p) && $smarty.get.p} ({$smarty.get.p}){/if}</title>

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...