import/export data

rwinnovation

My problem. 

Guy creates a presto shop and I have no idea wth he did. Can't figure out how to log in from the website... He has something on his computer he has to turn on. 

I am trying to move the website to my domain. I have moved all the files and imported the database to the hosting services, but now I do not know what to do. I can not get in touch with the devolper. 

Is there a way to export all the products and import them to a new, recreated site? 

If you have all file and database all you need is:

- copy all files to new server

- upload databse

- in file setting.inc.php change connection data to DB

- in database table PREFIX_shop_url change url if is not the same as before

- delete htaccess file (only if domain is not the same, you will generate new later)

- check name of admin folder and go to domain.com/admin_folder_name

- login using email and password

- if you don't have access you can change admin email in PREFIX_employee and regenerate new password in BO login page.

If you have all file and database all you need is:

- copy all files to new server

- upload databse

- in file setting.inc.php change connection data to DB

- in database table PREFIX_shop_url change url if is not the same as before

- delete htaccess file (only if domain is not the same, you will generate new later)

- check name of admin folder and go to domain.com/admin_folder_name

- login using email and password

- if you don't have access you can change admin email in PREFIX_employee and regenerate new password in BO login page.

I tried this, I really did (did it twice)  I can not find any of those files in the folders and db I changed over, or on the original database via website hosting.

(on a side note I did find those file names and databases names in another prestashop I created for a different domain, So I assume this prestashop is different. 

With that said, I assume I do not have a complete database or website info??? 

I am going back over to his place tomorrow. It is the only place I can go to login to shop. What do I need to look for? Or is there another way to export the data? I do not mind creating a new site, but I do not want to have to create all new products

Any help on this would be awesome.  Endriu, that information was spot on for my other prestashop account, but this account is differnt

From best I can understand he is using a version downloaded to his computer. I tried to do everything you mentioned but with this version it does not have any of those things in the files or the database. could it be something to do with his account setup at hostmysite.com? 

So I have found my problem, sort of. you had to open an apache program to get on the shop. I found most (if not all) the files I was looking for on the guys computer under iampp (SP?)  his shop was not live, and I think this is why I could not find the files. 

I can FTP the files to my hosting, but the database I do not know how to do that.  (yes the database is in files on his computer under myphpadmin, there are folders with files in them, and a bunch of files DB_INTRO and stuff like that, in php format) how do I convert those to the be plugged into a database online? it says all files must be compressed to import, but if I import the myphpadmin folder I get errors. 

Forgive me, I am beyond new at this. The backoffice is what I can pull from online right? Well I did and I was missing huge gaps of database files (As I tried to find from your previous post) I took your previous post and found all those files on this guys computer, and the database has php files. 

Here is a thought, but I do not know if it will work. 

The guys site is not live, and you can not get to it online ANYWHERE (I can not even find a folder that holds his prestashop. I am thinking who ever set it up never finished. Is it possible I make it go live and it will transport all files needed to the Database and online folders on his existing hosting provider?  The only folders online is of his homepage