[SOLVED] Specials Block: Tax NOT INCLUDED price.

Hello all,

I need some assistance with the displayed price(s) in the specials block. First off, I have incorporated Tomerg's tax on one line modification (which is a great add and a must have for any retailers in the US). This modification solved alot of my tax issues except for this one issue in the specials block.

So my shop only applies a state tax if the customer is registered from that state. As most of you already know, when a user logs in from a tax applicable state all the prices change to display a tax included price unless you change the preference settings in the BO (which isn't always perfect) or by using Tomer's modification.

So the issue I am having is that with this mod. the sale/final price (larger font in red) in the specials block shows the price without the tax, but above that price in smaller font there is another price, the original price before reduction, with a line through it. This price still shows with the tax included... I am trying to make everything consistent throughout the site and for every user. How would I make this price show the original price (without reduction) and without tax included in this block (so at first glance the reduction amount is clearly determinable without odd/uneven numbers)??

Thanks.

Ok... So I managed to figure this one out on my own. I wasn't able to find any related topics through the search function so I am going to post my solution here so that it may be of use to someone else. Please be advised that I am not an avid programmer... so there maybe a better way to accomplish this.

Anyways in classes/Product.php I changed line #1991

from

$row['price_without_reduction'] = Product::getPriceStatic($row['id_product'], true, ((isset($row['id_product_attribute']) AND !empty($row['id_product_attribute'])) ? intval($row['id_product_attribute']) : NULL), 2, NULL, false, false);

to

$row['price_without_reduction'] = Product::getPriceStatic($row['id_product'], false, ((isset($row['id_product_attribute']) AND !empty($row['id_product_attribute'])) ? intval($row['id_product_attribute']) : NULL), 2, NULL, false, false);

and in modules/blockspecials/blockspecials.tpl I changed/commented out line #12

from

{displayWtPrice p=$special.price_without_reduction}

to

{convertPrice price=$special.price_without_reduction}

Pretty simple. Hope this helps someone.

• 1 month later...

Have you already implemented Tomer's Tax on one line mod (from presto-changeo.com)? My solution is only a missing piece to his mod, it is his mod that fixes all the tax issues for everything else. Have you tried setting your prices to "Tax Excluded" in the BO... Preferences >> Product? It fixes some of the major issues, but not all especially for attributes and some minor details.

Tomer's mod is a paid mod (only 20 bucks and well worth it) but since it is his commercial mod I don't feel comfortable giving that out.

HTH!