Text & Label Translation

cafejoya

Hello all. First time post. Let me apologize in advance if I am posting in the wrong forum section. I recently purchased a theme (Coffee Shop) from the addons shop. My site is bilingual (English / French)

I am new to Prestashop so I ask that you please bear with me. I am doing my best to navigate through the different modules etc. looking for text that requires translation. Some I have been able to locate, but others are really giving me a hard time. For example see screenshots below: I would like to modify the text that reads "Want to get...." and Terms and conditions of use / About us.

Your time and assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Peter

2ykjcb5.jpg

10mlu13.jpg

Edited by cafejoya (see edit history)

1) "want to get the latest..." is a module, so to translate it go to localization > translations > installed modules translations

2) terms and conditions / about us - this can be a name of cms page that is defined under preferences > cms. go there, and verify if "cms name" is translated to french

• Like 1

1) "want to get the latest..." is a module, so to translate it go to localization > translations > installed modules translations

2) terms and conditions / about us - this can be a name of cms page that is defined under preferences > cms. go there, and verify if "cms name" is translated to french

Hello vekia. First off, let me thank you for the prompt reply. I really appreciate it. So, I did as you suggested and here are the results:

1) "want to get the latest" is not to be found in translations. I looked high and low. I did however locate a blocknewsletter.tpl file   in  /public_html/dev/themes/PRS01/modules/blocknewsletter/blocknewsletter.tpl. This is a small snippet from within that file.

<!-- Block Newsletter module-->
<div id="newsletter_block_left" class="block col-sm-12">
 <div class="tt-content col-sm-6 left-to-right hb-animate-element ">
  <h4>{l s='Newsletter' mod='blocknewsletter'}</h4>
  <div class="tt-desc">Want to get the latest updates! sign up for free. </div>
 </div>

2) Terms and conditions. Figured this out after my Forum post. Thanks anyway.

That's bad programming by the theme developer to hardcode the text like that. The following line:

should be:

<div class="tt-desc">{l s='Want to get the latest updates? Sign up for free.' mod='blocknewsletter'}</div>

Then you'll be able to translate the text by going to Localization > Translations, selecting "Installed module translations", your theme and language, clicking the "Modify" button, scrolling down to the "blocknewsletter" section, clicking the header to expand the translations, entering a translation for the above text, and then clicking the "Save" button.

• Like 1

That's bad programming by the theme developer to hardcode the text like that. The following line:

should be:

<div class="tt-desc">{l s='Want to get the latest updates? Sign up for free.' mod='blocknewsletter'}</div>

Then you'll be able to translate the text by going to Localization > Translations, selecting "Installed module translations", your theme and language, clicking the "Modify" button, scrolling down to the "blocknewsletter" section, clicking the header to expand the translations, entering a translation for the above text, and then clicking the "Save" button.

Thank you rocky. I will modify that line of code as you suggest. Your time and assistance is greatly appreciated. Peter