Advanced Stock Management

WEMS

It's look like Prestashop have many issue with advanced stock management. To synchronise product bundle we was forced to buy a plugin called "Bundle Stock" for the price of 99 EUR !

Now the following issue:

We have 1600 products and from 10 products 1 don't have the match quantity. I mean, when I compare the product quantity in the "Product" and the the product quantity in the "stock management" there is not always the same quantity number. I have checked the settings of the products everything ist set to use stock management. (see printscreen)

How can this happen and what is to do ?

post-957122-0-12581100-1471362648_thumb.jpg

post-957122-0-43161100-1471362649_thumb.jpg

post-957122-0-32993800-1471362650_thumb.jpg

Edited by WEMS (see edit history)

Hard to say as you don't provide much details. 

Prestashop keeps the stock quantity in the ps_stock_available table. When you use ASM it still keeps this quantity but when everything is right it is the product from what is happening in your warehouse(s).

It seems that in your case it is no longer the case. That can have two reasons:

- you may be overlooking something. Some products may be reserved or in another warehouse.

- there is an inconsistency in the database. Once this is there it will stay there because Prestashop doesn't recalculate the quantity in ps_stock_available but only applies the change. So if you add 10 to your stock in the warehouse it will also add 10 to ps_stock_available.

Those inconsistencies can develop in different ways. You may have had a timeout or crash in your shop. But the most common cause is when you temporarily went back from ASM to normal stock keeping and made some changes there.

Short of going directly to modify the database (the ps_stock_available table) you can go back to classic stockkeeping once more and undo the changes.

However, as Vekia pointed out, we don't know anything about the tool you bought and so my assumptions may be wrong.

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)

Hello Both

Thanks for your feedback. 

The info that we use the tool was only for your info because Prestashop ASM is not able to handle Bundle quantity that should be a Standard !

I don't know what you mean with more info. Fact is that I have all the product set to ASM. As you can see in the printscreen: the product quantities don't match with the ASM product quantity. We have actually only 1 Warehouse and all the products are sets to that Warehouse.

My customer and myself found out that also the sales Statistik of Prestashop do not match the effective sales. There are always less sales quantity as the effective sales when you count manually.

Edited by WEMS (see edit history)

Hard to say as you don't provide much details. 

Prestashop keeps the stock quantity in the ps_stock_available table. When you use ASM it still keeps this quantity but when everything is right it is the product from what is happening in your warehouse(s).

It seems that in your case it is no longer the case. That can have two reasons:

- you may be overlooking something. Some products may be reserved or in another warehouse.

- there is an inconsistency in the database. Once this is there it will stay there because Prestashop doesn't recalculate the quantity in ps_stock_available but only applies the change. So if you add 10 to your stock in the warehouse it will also add 10 to ps_stock_available.

Those inconsistencies can develop in different ways. You may have had a timeout or crash in your shop. But the most common cause is when you temporarily went back from ASM to normal stock keeping and made some changes there.

Short of going directly to modify the database (the ps_stock_available table) you can go back to classic stockkeeping once more and undo the changes.

However, as Vekia pointed out, we don't know anything about the tool you bought and so my assumptions may be wrong.

I have migrated the quantity from normal stock management to advanced stock management with your tool.

You mean I should go back (also with your tool) and re-set the ASM and migrate again back ? 

Dear all, thanks for your feedbacks.

After investigating many hours in researching and comparing data. I find out that my customer have many old orders before the migration that are set to "in progress" and not as "delivered". Thats why the big difference.

The original issue is that we have for example in Mai 2016 (when we make the migration), 4 effective sales and when we go in the Prestashop Statistik we have only 3 sales listed. Same for June 2016, we had 41 sales but Prestashop statistic show 40.

Any idea why this can happen ?