Cannot install a certain module on my local Vagrant environment

Hi! I'm new to prestashop.

I have to set up a marketplace with a certain module for mexico payments (mercadopago https://github.com/mercadopago/cart-prestashop)

I installed it at first on a Vagrant machine with the LAMP stack where I could successfully install prestashop, and it returns an error when installing the module:

The following module(s) were not installed properly:
· mercadopago :

I enabled debug on the defines.inc.php as per the recomendations but it still gives no further output on where could be the issue.

Other modules, both from prestashop and uploaded via the BO install fine. Since the developer community from the official site (where I plan to post as well) does not report this issue at all I suspected that it must be something with my dev env  so then I tried to install prestashop with the module on two hostings I have and there it installs just fine.

So I tried to install another Vagrant box with a different configuration and reinstalled prestashop again, and the module won't install again.

So it seems that there's something special with the dev env causing the issue but for the life of me I cannot get it sorted out.

The information output about the server on the advanced settings seems just fine..

Any ideas? Thanks!