Change the place where ID apears inside the URL

If you don't enable the Friendly URL in the BO, you will not see the ID showing in the place.

I did change the URL's in order to be displayed friendly.

I was asking how can i change the ID's position inside the URL.

It's not a good idea to start messing with the URL structure because you can never know what it will affect (and could pose trouble when /if upgrading).

I would just let it be, it's doesn't make that much of a difference, at least not to warrant all the trouble.

In my experience, it won't make any difference for SEO.

Check out my site for some good Prestashop SEO tips http://www.presto-changeo.com/content/6-prestashopseotips

It will make some small difference: it's more important to have the name of the product at the very beginning of the product's name part of the URL, then having a pseudo-random number starting the product's name.

Am i right?

I'm currently reading a SEO book: "Get To The Top On Google", written by David Viney.
Inside the book you can find what i just said above.

After reading that part of the book (and the explanations he gives related to this thing), i strongly believe it would be a lot much better to have the ID at the very end of the product's / category's URL.

I have not read that book (there are probably hundreds or thousands of books on the subject), the bottom line is that this is most likely speculation, since different search engines use different techniques and those are also evolving all the time.

In my experience I saw no indication that the placement of an extra number in the URL will make a difference.

• 3 weeks later...

hi,

what about this topic?

I also need to change friendly url's structure 'cos i'm migrating from Zencart, which has a different structure than Prestashop.

Google has cents of indexes to my current page on Zencart, and i dont want to change them

Zencart: www.xxx.com/golden-watch-p-125.html
prestashop: www.xxx.com/125-golden-watch.html

How could i do this?

thankss

It's difficult to do, so you shouldn't do it unless you understand code. You'll need to switch around the regular expressions in the .htaccess file so that ([0-9]+) is at the end instead of the start, then switch the variables in classes/Link.php too so that $id_product is at the end instead of at the start.