How to trace exception error Smarty: Missing template name

E_NG

Hi,

I am using 1.6.1.4 and I have got an issue error500

after designer team changed the theme, however they didn't explain to me the detail because they doesn't remember remember.

so, I have tried to activate the debug mode

Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Missing template name <-- thrown in /xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxx/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php on line 678.

I have tried several solution, which are:

updating theme configurator -> it is not working

delete thrown exception in  smarty_internal_template.php on line 678 -> it works but, I believe it is only temporary solution

My Question is, How I trace which module that cause this issue? 

please advise

The best way to trace an error like this is to find the line that throws the exception and add the following just before it:

var_dump(debug_backtrace());

You'll then see a trace of all the files leading up to the exception.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rocky,

It really helps me a lot, however I don't found which module is missing. this are the example line:

["rule"]=> string(0) "" ["controller"]=> string(5) "index" } ["default_controller":protected]=> string(5) "index" ["use_default_controller":protected]=> bool(true) ["controller_not_found":protected]=> string(12) "pagenotfound" ["front_controller":protected]=> int(1) } ["type"]=> string(2) "->" ["args"]=> array(0) { } } }
Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Missing template name <-- thrown in /xxxx/xxxx/xxxxxx/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php on line 680

Well, It's amazing. Correct me if I am wrong. It seems all .tpl, is executed properly but the code inside the .tpl is missing.

I would like to know, if you have any experience regarding this issue. Do you mind to share the feasible solution? 

Best Regards

Irfan

Do you have a backup from before the designer made the changes? If you do, you could use a tool like Beyond Compare to find everything that was changed. Then you can try undoing parts of the changes until you find the problem.

• 4 years later...
On 8/1/2016 at 5:26 AM, rocky said:

The best way to trace an error like this is to find the line that throws the exception and add the following just before it:

var_dump(debug_backtrace());

You'll then see a trace of all the files leading up to the exception.

hey i have tried this way to trace the error, you have posted this 2016 but now i have tried this way for prestashop version 1.7.6.4 once inserted the line before php fatal error line after that my whole site not open got the error 500 message completely, is there any other way to trace the error for latest version