Generate Thumbnails Lost Images

I was changing image sizes and regenerated thumbnails. This caused an error and now all my images
are gone. The images are in the img folder but the website does not display them. Are the database tables
that link the file names to the products corrupt? Anyway to fix this?

Please help. I don't want to reload the images for all products.

Thanks
Jack

Did you make a backup of your site? It is the ps_image and ps_image_lang tables that are deleted when you click "Regenerate thumbnails". If you restore these tables, you can fix the broken images.

The thumbnail regeneration timeout problem is a known issue that has been fixed in PrestaShop v1.3, which allows you to resume thumbnail regeneration instead of starting from the beginning again.

I've never tried using PrestaShop with thousands of images, but I can't see why it wouldn't work. Just uncheck the "Erase previous images" box every time the thumbnail regeneration times out until it finally comes up with a success message.

• 4 weeks later...

That's right !
I made two upgrades (from 1.2.5 to 1.3) and for the first one i get the adminimages.php with your option, and in the other shop it's the old version for this tab... really strange !
but now I understand how I could regenerate it progressively.... for the next time...

Thanks very much.

• 1 month later...
Did you make a backup of your site? It is the ps_image and ps_image_lang tables that are deleted when you click "Regenerate thumbnails". If you restore these tables, you can fix the broken images.

The thumbnail regeneration timeout problem is a known issue that has been fixed in PrestaShop v1.3, which allows you to resume thumbnail regeneration instead of starting from the beginning again.

Hi Rocky,

I regenerated my products home image and all of them are disappear, and I can't get them back by uncheck the Erase previous images checkbox, do you know why? I have got of thosunds of images on my website: [Fake website - Moderated by Patric].

I backuped the database but not the images, can I get the images back by restoring the tables you mentioned" If you restore these tables, you can fix the broken " ?

Thank you very much and wait for your advise.

27996_ACdtE3bhinm7TdcITpjQ_t