SSL configuration for Prestashop 1.6 - really need your advice, please

Hello,

we have recently bought SSL certificate for the site. Before activating it on the site, I need to double check a couple of questions

1. To able and disable the buttons

Increase Front Office security

When it is able, does that mean that httms will be applied to the entired shop including the products page? In some tutorials here it was written a sort of "Apply on all pages".

If the pages have been ranked already by SE with http does that mean that the URLs afterwards should be changed? The idea of this makes me particulary feeling to die because I had two models URL and SEO optimization which didn't work properly and brought me 7000 errors on Google console

Is it really nesessary to add https also on product pages?

Allow iframes on HTML fields.

I have read a recommendation to diable this function. At the moment we use a soft to download the products on the site using. If I understood correctly, if that button is disabled we won't be able to to download the description of the products?

Before SSL instalation this button was on

Use HTMLPurifier Library.

It is recommended to able it. Before SSL installation it was off. There will be any changes for the site?

After SSL installation, something else should be done? I read in some articles that .htaccess should be regenerated and maybe riderect from http to https done?

There are potential conflicts between SSL and some modules (URL optimization, SEO optimisation, custom theme )?

Really appreciate your opinions. Our PS is 1.6.0.14

Edited by FashionDetails (see edit history)

This is unrelated to using SSL.  If you leave this option enabled, then Prestashop will utilize tokens when exchanging data between the clients browser and the server.  Again, has no bearing on using SSL

Allow iframes on HTML fields.

This is unrelated to using SSL.  This option will control the theme and modules ability to use iframe code in certain Form fields, usually a textarea field like the Product description.  Again, has no bearing on using SSL.

I don't know what product description you are downloading, or what button you are referring to, but if you disable this option, then you will not be able to add iframe html content to your product description

Use HTMLPurifier Library.

This is unrelated to using SSL.  With this option enabled, Prestashop will attempt to cleanse any html content (again like the production description) to avoid any sort of malicious code being added.  Again, has no bearing on using SSL.

Thank you for your opinion

I don't know what product description you are downloading, or what button you are referring to, but if you disable this option, then you will not be able to add iframe html content to your product description

We are using a soft to download the product descriptions. We don't write them on the site on the main language. Since in the explanation of that function it was written that the content won't be added when Allow iframes on HTML fields are on, I though it would affect the connection between the site and the computer.

This is unrelated to using SSL.

Do you want to say that if I enable SSL, it is applied to the entire site? So, no choice?

We are using a soft to download the product descriptions. We don't write them on the site on the main language. Since in the explanation of that function it was written that the content won't be added when Allow iframes on HTML fields are on, I though it would affect the connection between the site and the computer.

I don't know what "using a soft to download the product descriptions" means.   This option will not allow iframes to appear in your product description.  So again, if you are trying to add content to your product description, and it contains iframe, then it won't work.

Do you want to say that if I enable SSL, it is applied to the entire site? So, no choice?

No, I didn't say that.  I said "Increase Front Office security" is unrelated to using SSL.

But Yes, if you enabled SSL and then enable Force SSL on every page, then yes it is applied to the entire site.