After typing domain name, prestashop goes to endless loop without showing anything

adi_2016

Hi,

After typing domain name, prestashop goes to endless loop without showing anything. Please see image attached. I am not sure where to start and how to solve it anymore. I have made little test, created test.html file, then upload it in root prestashop folder and I could normally see test.htm content. However, I am able to login and work in back-office of my prestashop.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Adi

Edited by adi_2016 (see edit history)

Hi again,

it seems that error is SmartyCustom.php, below is error from error log from cPanel. How to solve this issue, should I just replace these files with backup files or something else?

[Mon Jul 18 08:49:29.300278 2016] [cgi:error] [pid 24403] [client 88.119.196.104:63294] AH01215: #3 /home/mywebsite/public_html/classes/SmartyCustom.php(120): SmartyCustomCore->check_template_invalidation('/home/prestadem...', 'blockcategories...', NULL): /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php5
[Mon Jul 18 08:49:29.300201 2016] [cgi:error] [pid 24403] [client 88.119.196.104:63294] AH01215: #2 /home/mywebsite/public_html/classes/SmartyCustom.php(156): Smarty->clearCache('/home/prestadem...', 'blockcategories...', NULL): /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php5

As you can see in the error messages, it clearly has something to do with the Smarty Cache.

As you get some error (did you switch on development mode?) I suggest that you clean your cache the hard way: by emptying the following directories (with FTP):

- /cache/smarty/cache

- /cache/smarty/compile

• Like 1

i've got a little experience with such cases, usually problems are related to:

1) not enough memory to handle compilation of theme

2) hosting has limitations related to number of files stored on your hosting (for exampel mxa 250 000 files)

3) hosting has limitations related to depth of directories structure, for example max 10 levels of subdirectories

• Like 1

@musicmaster

Thank you VERY much for support, I really appreciate it!

I have cleaned cache manually but I don't think that solved the issue unfortunately. I have received feedback from my hosting support and they told me it was a memory leak issue and it is solved now. As soon as I receive new reply from hosting support in detail about memory leaak, I will post it here, and I hope it will be of help to someone in future.

@vekia

I think you are totally right about this issue which is on first place caused by memory of my VPS or similar. Think is that my prestashop contains millions of categories and products so I had to follow suggestions from my senior colegue and to make some changes in configuration of my prestashop and MySql configuration (see bellow) but I am not sure if these changes caused issue, or it was a because of memory leak...?

========
- necessary do changes for Mysql server. Need set some changes for work with big database and with import big files (all values are approximate and depend on the parameters of your hosting) :    

sort_buffer_size=4M        # for work with memory
    key_buffer_size = 256M        # for work with memory
    key_buffer = 32M        # for work with memory
    max_allowed_packet = 256M        # for work with big files
    table_open_cache = 256        # for work with memory
    read_buffer_size = 2M        # for work with memory
    read_rnd_buffer_size = 4M        # for work with memory
    myisam_sort_buffer_size = 64M        # for work with memory
    thread_cache_size = 8        # for work with memory
    query_cache_size= 16M        # for work with memory
    connect_timeout = 2400        # longer delay due to work with large amounts of data
    max_heap_table_size = 256M        # for work with temp files
    tmp_table_size = 256M        # for work with temp files
    group_concat_max_len = 400000        # to be able to grouping data on base engine Mysql-server
    wait_timeout = 2400        # longer delay due to work with large amounts of data
    innodb_buffer_pool_size = 256M        # for work with memory
    innodb_additional_mem_pool_size = 20M        # for work with memory

***********************************************************************************************

Changes that need to be undertaken to accelerate the operation of the site
- you must disable unused or little used modules for [Modules]->[Front Office Features]
    - disable module "Categories block" or setting value to Maximum depth (set = 1)
    - setting or disable module "Top horizontal menu"
    - and etc ...

========
- specify settings for increased performance :
    - setting to search weight [PREFERENCES]->[sEARCH]->[WEIGHT] (for example, specify a value of zero for all values ​​except "Tags weight", that enables to search by code of analog parts)
    - setting to [ADVANCED PARAMETERS]->[PERFORMANCE]->[OPTIONAL FEATURES] (for example, disable values "Combinations" and "Customer Groups")
    - setting to [ADVANCED PARAMETERS]->[PERFORMANCE]->[CACHING] : disable caching.