Prestashop 1.6.x top menu display issue

jollyjokester

Hi everyone,

I have issue with the top menu and the way it displays the categories. I have lot's of the categories and they are all displayed as a list which leads to the situation that the list exceeds the size of the screen. 

As for now, after hovering over the category in the top menu, the list looks like:

Category

- A

- B

- Z

I would like to change the way the items are displayed to something like:

Category

- A       - B      -C

- D       - E      - F

Thank you!  Greatly appreciate it.

P.S.

Any idea how I can change the 'expand' icon which by default looks like a '+' to something like 'v' (expand) and '^' (wrap)? 

You'll need to adjust the CSS of themes/default-bootstrap/css/modules/blocktopmenu/superfish-modified.css. You should be able to increase the width of the submenu and reduce the width of the submenu items until they display in three columns.

For the icons in the "Categories block", you can change the following at about line 66 of themes/default-bootstrap/css/modules/blockcategories/blockcategories.css:

#categories_block_left li span.grower.OPEN:before, #categories_block_left li span.grower.CLOSE:before {
      content: "\f068";

to:

#categories_block_left li span.grower.OPEN:before, #categories_block_left li span.grower.CLOSE:before {
      content: "\02c4";

and the following at about line 75 from:

#categories_block_left li span.grower.CLOSE:before {
      content: "\f067";

to:

#categories_block_left li span.grower.CLOSE:before {
      content: "\02c5";